What's new

First Half bag off of counting machine

Modern Day Miner

Jr. Member
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver
So I was picking up my normal Wed. boxes at the bank. I had a little extra cash on me so I tried to get a little extra coin. The tellar I was talking to said we don't have any extra we just have your order but we did just fill our half dollar bag would you like that? I said sure but I didn't bring that much extra can I pick it up tomorrow. She said sure. I was thinking this is just somebody elses dumps. I went back the next day and picked up the bag. 71 silver halves later I am glad I went back.

67 - 40%
4 - 90%
1 - Lucky lindbergh Coin 1927 flight from new york to paris
3 - 10 peso mexican coins
4 - car wash tokens
1 - mall of america flatened penny shaped like a foot ball
 
Upvote 0
Your on to something there. Check back frequently for their bags.
 
Very nice score. I did my first bag of halves the other day, only had 4 keepers. I still think bags are the way to go though, at least fir dimes and halves.
 
Hey!...don't laugh, but that 1927 Lindburgh "Token" is worth some money. Take it to a Dealer. Hopefully it's in good shape. I have one.
rileyboy
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Your on to something there. Check back frequently for their bags.
rileyboy said:
Hey!...don't laugh, but that 1927 Lindburgh "Token" is worth some money. Take it to a Dealer. Hopefully it's in good shape. I have one.

rileyboyI looked up the token online and found prices anywhere from $3 to $50 the one I found looks like it could have been minted in the past decade. It looks really good for a token from 1927
I will definately be asking them for there half bag when I go in to pick up my weekly order. I never imagined it would hold that much silver. When I was walking out to the car with it I coud see silver halves all up & down the side. Thats when your heart starts to race.
 
Great finds!! Those car wash tokens are almost as good as a 90%er. Twice as good as a 40!!
 
I have had great luck buying bags from the counting machines, in fact it is the only way I get coins to search. I do not order coins. My YTD totals are listed below.

Sometimes you'll get someones dumps but generally you are getting first shot at everything that gets dumped. I have good success with dimes and cents.
 
That was a great bag score of halves! It took my credit union a year to fill 3/4 of a $500 bag. They told me I could buy it when it was full. I couldn't stand it any longer and topped it off with my dump. Got a few silvers.
I don't bother buying the bags of dimes or halves now, because they're all my dumps. As a matter of fact, of all the banks in my town (many), only 2 that I know of have coin counters.

ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom