What's new

First Hunt in Awhile; Score on Gold!

M-Taliesin

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Folks!
Since school started up in Brighton, and I work up there in Brighton,
my hours have increased and we've been busier than we have in awhile.
Upshot: Not much time for hunting. So, for the past two weeks, I've been
spending more time on the job than in the field hunting. Did manage to
get out once with my pardner for a shortie hunt, and one or two on my own,
but today was a good'n for spending some quality time swinging my tectors.

I started out shortly after midnight using my MXT. After finding a nice little
gold ring and a good smattering of clad, decided to drift back home around
1:30am! After taking a nap, got back to hunting using my Spectra V3 and
left home around 11:30.

My first spot netted me a cool 4 pennies. Impressed with my skill and hunting
abilities, I decided that must wouldn't do! So I kept at it and ended up hitting
some 4 or 5 sites. Temperature averaged around 97 degrees. Nice. Balmy!

Before I got home around 6:00pm; I'd found a good clutch of clad, a pretend
diamond bracelet, a locket that looks like a book and I suspect might be gold
(heavier than the size would lead you to believe!), 2 modern dollar coins,
4 RTD tokens from the local bus company, and a few kid type jewelry items.
I am also including a necklace with a 14k gold religious medal on it that I found
and stuck away for safekeeping and forgot all about.
Ergo, I don't think I've posted photos of it before and wanted to include it here.

My take today:
18 Quarters = $4.50
23 Nickels = $1.15
18 Dimes = $1.80
43 Pennies = $0.43
2 Dollar Coins = $2.00
Total = $9.88
Coin Count = 104 Coins.
Plus the gold ring, gold religious medal and possible gold locket.

I think I've enjoyed a shpadoinkle day! Ya just don't wanna get downwind of
me for awhile. At least not until I've showered!!!
Did I mention it was 97 degrees on average today?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0002.webp
    IMG_0002.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0006.webp
    IMG_0006.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0007.webp
    IMG_0007.webp
    18 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0011.webp
    IMG_0011.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0013.webp
    IMG_0013.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_0014.webp
    IMG_0014.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0018.webp
    IMG_0018.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0024.webp
    IMG_0024.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0026.webp
    IMG_0026.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0022.webp
    IMG_0022.webp
    39 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
Re: First Hunt in Awhile; Score Gold and Silver!

WTG those are some nice finds, especially the ring :icon_thumleft: Seems like you found a great assortment of items and that is always interesting.
 
Re: First Hunt in Awhile; Score Gold and Silver!

1974 silver quarter? unpossible
They stopped making silver coins in 1964, and except for special sets they were not made again until the 1976 bicentennial issue.
Nice digs otherwise! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: First Hunt in Awhile; Score Gold and Silver!

Nick A (at1cad) said:
1974 silver quarter? unpossible
They stopped making silver coins in 1964, and except for special sets they were not made again until the 1976 bicentennial issue.
Nice digs otherwise! :icon_thumright:

Howdy Nick!
Yeah, I knew that but messed up somehow. I was having dinner when it dawned on me
that I was a decade off the mark. Before I could return to the post to rectify my error,
you already noticed that one! Good eye, pardner.

Anyhow, I am gonna fix my post to deal with my error.
All I can figure is, the heat got to me today!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom