First hunt in saltwater with Dual Field yields GOLD

Lake Hunter

Apr 28, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out to the beach with my friend Mickfin Saturday with my new Whites DF and was pleasantly surprised to find a small thin 14K gold band. I have only had the DF for about a week, so I am in the process of learning this new machine. I started the day by just basically getting to know the settings and experimenting with them in the heavy mineralized areas and in the surf. I was surprised to how easy the machine was able to counter these problems and still stay quieter than expected. The DF was much quieter than my Infinium was at the same beach. I was diggin targets at about 8"-10" on average all day, with some deeper and some shallower. The DF got alot more depth with the pulse delay OFF. With the pulse delay on it lost half it's depth immediately. I have alot of hours left to get the full potential of this machine, but it's sure user friendly so far. The gold ring was 2 scoops down which is usually around the 6"- 8" mark, give or take. Not bad on such a small ring, and it gave me a solid signal at any angle. I was only able to keep the gain at preset and the threshold just barely audible to keep the machine stable and effective on heavy mineralized parts of the beach, and on lighter parts I was able to almost max out the gain (to try and hear the deeper signals) while lowering the threshold to just barely audible. The only problem I encountered with the DF was the fluttering feel the coil gave sweeping it under water.

I'm sure with may more hours of use I will be able to do even better with depth and stability.

I ended the day with $3.35 in clad and one gold ring.

Photo01161.jpg

Photo011712.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread