What's new

First hunt of 16 Brings first for me!

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
1,552
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab X-Terra Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT, WTB Black Tesoro Vaquero with RSD coil PM me!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a little break from the cold and ground has had some sun on it so out I went to dig.

Got my first Shield Nickel - 1868

CAM01858.webp

CAM01857.webp

Here is a pic of the view this cellar hole had, Beautiful.
CAM01854.webp
Thank for looking guys, Happy hunting :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 26
Very nice find congrats. They sure made some pretty coins back then. I think the shield nickel and the 2 cent piece are 2 of the prettiest.
 
Thanks trapperart and yes I agree. You can tell they took pride when designing them.
 
My! That looks like it must've come right out of the mint and got buried.

Nice one!
 
Great coin buddy. Sometimes the beautiful views are the best part of a day of hunting
 
Awesome view Nice Find I have coin cases for my stuff Im jeleous I found my firsdt silver dollar this weekend.Looks like we will both have a good year.
 
My! That looks like it must've come right out of the mint and got buried.

Nice one!

Looks like it, The lines on the shield are amazing
 
Great coin buddy. Sometimes the beautiful views are the best part of a day of hunting

You are absolutely right. I always enjoy just stopping everything to take it in.
 
Awesome view Nice Find I have coin cases for my stuff Im jeleous I found my firsdt silver dollar this weekend.Looks like we will both have a good year.

Congrats, I hope your right!
 
Congrats on your first Shield Nickel. That one looks to be in great shape.
 
Awesome find, been a long time since i've found one of those.
 
:occasion14: Nice keeper!!
 
Congratulations that's in really nice shape for a dug nickel the soil of we have around here obliterated all the nickel targets. You're lucky if you can even tell it was a shield nickel I don't think I've ever got a date off of 1
 
Congratulations that's in really nice shape for a dug nickel the soil of we have around here obliterated all the nickel targets. You're lucky if you can even tell it was a shield nickel I don't think I've ever got a date off of 1

The soil where I found this was very sandy. I have dug Jeffersons in worse shape lol
 
Nice one. Looks in good shape too. Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom