Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hooked up today with "diggin brains," who is a silent member of TNet. He picked me up early and we headed north around 7;30 a.m.
We were swinging the coil by 9. It was a little nippy and even when the sun came out, the temps never got above 40 degrees.
I guess the fact that we were deep in the woods, the chilly wind never got to us.

We Located the foundation of a house that I researched a number of years ago. It was built around 1804. The same year that City Hall in NYC was completed. (Actually, the north façade of City Hall was completed after the Opening Day Ceremonies in 1804)

I know that this spot has been hit before but the area is really pretty and I always wanted to search the grounds as the original owner was a very wealthy man and is said to have held numerous Garden Parties. He held onto the property until his death in 1854.
We didn't find a whole bunch but we did find a few nice coins. My find of the day was an 1898 Barber Dime that was black when it came out of the ground. It cleaned up really nice and looks like it was dropped the day after it left the mint.
Besides swinging the coil, I took the time to do a little exploring. I found a few cellar holes, the remains of a few outhouses, and lots of wildlife. I managed to take a few pictures of one deer that approached me as if it was looking for a handout. (No Fear)
It was a great day, and a great hunt. Good Hunting to Everyone in 2016
IMG_2745.JPG IMG_2746.JPG IMG_2744.JPG IMG_2747.JPG IMG_2749.JPG IMG_2750.JPG IMG_2759.JPG IMG_2755.JPG

Upvote 22

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt and a beautiful silver coin.

Some of the deer in my area have gotten pretty fearless as well; not good for them. There are so many of them now even the state has gotten in on culling the herds on a regular basis in some areas. They're everywhere. When I was a kid you never saw deer like you do now. Hunting them was a real challenge back then.

I have one spot I hunt where they don't even bother running from me anymore like they used to. I guess they've figured out that I'm not a threat. I actually whistle a certain way when I hit the woods and now, whenever I see them they recognize me. It's pretty amazing.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread