What's new

First Hunt of the Summer

IHC656

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
347
Reaction score
1,972
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been allowed to detect a new permission.
A one room school house about 2 miles from my house. It is in my 1895 & 1913 plat map books.
Foundation is very small, I’d guess 20ft x 30ft.
Deer flies, mosquitoes & heat made me quit after an hour.
Found a threaded brass ornament.
Busted cast iron desk parts & a 1880 Indian cent.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4477.webp
    IMG_4477.webp
    195.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4476.webp
    IMG_4476.webp
    405.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4468.webp
    IMG_4468.webp
    418.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4472.webp
    IMG_4472.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
Upvote 18
I'd say fighting the flies and mosquitoes was worth digging that Indian. Nice finds.
 
I'd say fighting the flies and mosquitoes was worth digging that Indian. Nice finds.
I just tried again with insect repellent this time.
1917 S Mercury Dime
1910 Lincoln
1897 Indian
Homemade lead fishing sinker
3 buttons and the end of a pencil or paint brush.
Almost no trash and not many nails.
Paced off the foundation at 25ft x 20ft and the front breeze way at 11x8ft. Makes me wonder if it was a log cabin school.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4498.webp
    IMG_4498.webp
    514 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4497.webp
    IMG_4497.webp
    817 KB · Views: 49
Very nice. All of those coins are in great condition
 
I’ve been allowed to detect a new permission.
A one room school house about 2 miles from my house. It is in my 1895 & 1913 plat map books.
Foundation is very small, I’d guess 20ft x 30ft.
Deer flies, mosquitoes & heat made me quit after an hour.
Found a threaded brass ornament.
Busted cast iron desk parts & a 1880 Indian cent.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom