Evolution
Gold Member
- Joined
- Aug 2, 2007
- Messages
- 5,285
- Reaction score
- 2,483
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Upstate NY
- Detector(s) used
- Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I finally got our first hunt of the year in. It was in the low 20's this morning but warmed up to the mid 30's as we hunted. We hunted an old farm with a few fields that were plowed up at the end of last year. Managed a few keepers for the day including a nice 1863 fatty indian head cent and a Harrison campaign token (from 1840?) Not sure how rare these are but I saw a couple on Ebay. Also turned up a couple buttons including a nice decorative nipple button with a beautiful deep green patina on it.




Upvote
24


I have two Harrisons, the smaller one I thought was a gold coin when it first showed itself in the dirt pile, but alas, just a plated token, the larger one is of I guess pewter like(white metal) metal and found that back in the late 80s early 90s. Enjoy seeing any of the old Presidential items being found. Congrats on a nice one...








