Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First hunt with Deus, I'm a believer with IHP's and gold ring

I pulled the trigger on an XP Deus starter bundle. Keep hearing how good it is in iron and I can now confirm this after running it at my iron infested seated field. I ran it in Deus Fast mode with full tones, 12khz and minimal disc(2.5). Can't imagie running it in 18khz as I was pulling very small non ferrous items. I got five indians and what appears to he a gold childs ring. These were all in an area that I have pounded the past two months. Not a bad first hunt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 18

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if my wife will even notice if I replaced my ATpro🤔. Thanks for posting, and probably convincing me to upgrade!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt!

And congrats on a new machine. At least it's made two people happy already. :dontknow:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Deus "pounded hunted out sites" become virgin, but dont tell too many people! Great finds!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the gold and the new machine.sweet Indians,I wish the majority of mine would come up looking like that.you have been rolling on the old money

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on the gold and the new machine.sweet Indians,I wish the majority of mine would come up looking like that.you have been rolling on the old money

Thanks. The three indians on the top are quite nice but the majority of them come out spent. I have renewed hopes for more seated with the Deus

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice stuff

I also pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on the deus. Nice unit fast light weight. Gonna be my relic hunter

HH Jer

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice way to brake in the new Deus!!!!! Your going to love it!!!! Now your going to have to go back over everything you have ever done!!!:laughing7:

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice stuff

I also pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on the deus. Nice unit fast light weight. Gonna be my relic hunter

HH Jer
Ill still probably prefer my AT Pro on cleaner and more modern sites but it appears the Deus will mop up what the AT misses

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs toasted. :occasion14: Congrats on the 5 indians and the gold ring. Are there any markings on the ring?

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Toasted and excellent choice on the new machine :thumbsup: I got mine last Oct and couldn't believe the stuff I was finding. I thought my T2 and the Deus would compliment each other... and they do... but I found myself gravitating more towards the Deus after a few hunts with it. I did however carry the Deus and T2 around for many hunts just in case. Now I find when a site gets quiet with one machine, the other always squeezes out a few more things. I found myself preferring 18khz for how it hits on targets and get no loss of depth with it (some people say it does)... after many many tests, 100+ hours of use and toggling settings before digging targets, I figured out that reactivity and sensitivity are the huge depth boosters. Best of luck!

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs toasted. :occasion14: Congrats on the 5 indians and the gold ring. Are there any markings on the ring?

The ring is unmarked but it looks old and looks gold. Very little modern stuff has been found here. I did find a newer ring here but i could see it was gold plated. Ill have to get it tested

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Toasted and excellent choice on the new machine :thumbsup: I got mine last Oct and couldn't believe the stuff I was finding. I thought my T2 and the Deus would compliment each other... and they do... but I found myself gravitating more towards the Deus after a few hunts with it. I did however carry the Deus and T2 around for many hunts just in case. Now I find when a site gets quiet with one machine, the other always squeezes out a few more things. I found myself preferring 18khz for how it hits on targets and get no loss of depth with it (some people say it does)... after many many tests, 100+ hours of use and toggling settings before digging targets, I figured out that reactivity and sensitivity are the huge depth boosters. Best of luck!

How do you far with sens at 91+?
That's one setting I haven't bothered to touch yet. I find the most dynamic settings are the reactivity and the silencer

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you far with sens at 91+?
That's one setting I haven't bothered to touch yet. I find the most dynamic settings are the reactivity and the silencer

I find the same things. Reactivity and Silencer seem to really make the biggest difference. I typically run with Reactivity 3, Silencer -1, but when its quiet I will drop reactivity to 2 and silencer at -1. I will bump Sens up to ~93 but find that it can get a bit chatty (in my area) any higher than that. I hunt mostly in areas where there is no emi so the chatter must come from the ground. I typically GB manually too, so perhaps I could raise the sens if I enabled the auto track to keep it quieter... haven't tried that yet. My primary site I have pounded so hard there is hardly a non-ferrous signal left. However with the wet ground right now, I am able to move super slow in the hot spot and listen for little clicks or chirps that are not even repeatable always.... signals I wouldnt typically dig... and its been paying off with some deep relics. I still have a lot to learn with the Deus, but I couldn't be happier with it.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Without the remote, I cannot adjust reactivity or silencer but it sounds like the deus fast factory program is close to what most people run who have the remote. Basic 1 is a little deeper with a reactivity of 2 but the silencer is 2 on it. $800 for the remote seems to me like a lot of money for slightly better performance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions