Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First hunt with Deus, I'm a believer with IHP's and gold ring

I pulled the trigger on an XP Deus starter bundle. Keep hearing how good it is in iron and I can now confirm this after running it at my iron infested seated field. I ran it in Deus Fast mode with full tones, 12khz and minimal disc(2.5). Can't imagie running it in 18khz as I was pulling very small non ferrous items. I got five indians and what appears to he a gold childs ring. These were all in an area that I have pounded the past two months. Not a bad first hunt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 18

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Without the remote, I cannot adjust reactivity or silencer but it sounds like the deus fast factory program is close to what most people run who have the remote. Basic 1 is a little deeper with a reactivity of 2 but the silencer is 2 on it. $800 for the remote seems to me like a lot of money for slightly better performance

Toasted, I run 90% of the time in Deus Fast... stock settings. I have pulled coppers at 10" easily and they were a smooth and perfect signals. Some people cite reasons why Deus Fast shouldnt give good depth and yadda yadda yadda, but once your ear is trained to the Deus, you will hear the faintest of signals. I have many custom programs made and I have done a lot of testing (toggling programs) with targets before I dig. I have only found a couple that Deus Fast wouldn't tell me to dig. Some other programs might make something "show up" with a louder tone, but I love Deus Fast! I keep reading more and watching more videos and I'll make new programs that I think will be awesome.... but I always find myself gravitating back to Program #3!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Full ability to modify every possible setting including breakpoints tones react silencer save programs back-lit vdi and more are well worth it if you find yourself hunting a wide swath of sites where you can tune your machine to exactly match your hunting prefs and style

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread