Fun day and a reminder of why we wear gloves...

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a great day detecting with Casper yesterday. We didn't find a ton, but enough to keep us motivated. Here are most of my finds for the day. A jeweled oval flat button with some gold gilt showing, lead bale seal, recent bird band, Big Y silver coin (grocery store discount token) and some other bits. Most people interesting find is a reminder why we should always wear good gloves. Never mind the poison ivy that is active year round, this veterinary syringe measures 1.5mm in diameter and is sharp as ****. Scary as it looks, it's not nearly as dangerous as some other sharps out there. Dig safe!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Upvote 12
If you reached in just right I think that thing would go straight through leather.
heh
sheeesh.

And of course right as you are pulling it out of your hand...
Images of every communicable disease floods your imagination.

Thank goodness that is one thing that I have never found.

Last edited:
Hi all: Good find.congrats. You always have to be careful when reaching in to a hole. I use the same needle in my hobby making.

Reminds me of an hunting arrow tip I found once. It had 3 razor "wings" on it! Just fortunate I always wear gloves. Thing is, this thing could've easily shredded my gloves!

Never worn gloves detecting, never been stuck or cut detecting. That is what digging tools are for. Don't dig with your fingers.
Marvin

Congratulations!
(in the category of famous last words)

Take a pic of your hands after one of your hunts and I might be able to believe. ;)

Never worn gloves detecting, never been stuck or cut detecting. That is what digging tools are for. Don't dig with your fingers.
Marvin

I hope you're not allergic to poison ivy or that you're fortunate enough not to have it growing in your area. The needle came out of the hole in a fist sized clump of dirt. If I had used my hands to break it up, I might have stuck myself pretty good. Luckily I used my pinpointer to break up the clump.

I dug a broad head one day. I wear cut resistant Kevlar strand gloves when it's not too hot out. So glad I had them on that day. Glad you got out with Casper bud

Oh this is a prime example of why I no longer use my teeth to dig.

Sucks...

Nothing like knawin on a dead root.

Last edited:
OUCHIE! hurts just looking at it ( where do you get kevlar gloves?)

I honestly dont wear gloves.... Unless ofcourse im digging bottles... The other day i wished i had gloves tho, weeds with thorns EVERYWHERE... probably should wear gloves.. but i like to feel the finds with my hands :)

Good eyes!!!! Big old nasty needle!!!

Dam. Scary! Nice to see ya diggin up there! Hogge

Well I dated a girl once who insisted that I wear gloves.
If one of you guys comes down with a good dose of Spiro Gyro of The Blowhole, you'll wear gloves from then on.
Congrats on your finds, , except for the needle.

Oh yea ...I forgot about that -- he yelled over to me and I thought he had just found a heroin needle -- and he said "its a little bit bigger than that"
I would have been driving him to the hospital for a tetanus shot

If you work for a meat processing plant, you can just steal them:laughing7:

For shame!!! O.D. .....FOR SHAME!!!!! :nono:

By the by folks, how many of you would grab up a pinch of good ole mother earth and pop it in your mouth? (note to "coin-lickers") ;)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back