What's new

First Hunt With My Like New Excal 1000

sandnut

Full Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2010
Messages
149
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went to the beach today with my new Excal 1000. I had a blast it was nothing like I thought it would be even with the stock shaft. I found 3 bucks in clad dug some pull tabs, bottle tops and some foil. I also got a ear ring stud. Got a small chirp and look on top of the ground and there the ear ring was. I don't think the piece in the stud is a diamond but if it is it is about 1 to 2 carat. Got to go find a diamond tester to see if it is real or not, will post picture if it is real. I hunted in pin point and use disc to see if it was iron, man I love that feature. I think I will be putting my Safari up for sale later on, the Excal for me just does so much better at finding nickels i got 4 today. Hope everybody had a good time on there hunts, I sure did on mine.


Update Ear ring did not have a Diamond in it. Junk ear ring. Oh well may be next time.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good luck with your new Excal 1000, sandnut!

I hope that is a diamond in the stud; will be waiting for your up-date.

Lorraine
 
Good luck and keep on hunting!!
 
Your going to be changing that name from sandnut to surfnut...very soon
 
Look at the setting of the earring....it will usually tell you a lot about the stone. Also, if its a real stone....that stud should be gold or other prec metal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom