What's new

First Hunt with the Deus 2

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,915
Reaction score
47,622
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a ghost town/mine that I have hit hard this last several months purposely to test the ability of the D2.
So, did it live up to the hype?
Well, the last couple of times I hunted this spot I was hard pressed to get a signal worth digging with the Legend. With the D2 I was pulling jean rivets from 6 inches down in ground covered in nails!
While I didn't find any coins, I'm shocked by how many targets I had missed before. And I don't know this detector at all yet.

IMG_9155.webp
IMG_9156.webp


The little brooch is Sterling silver. A nice little surprise. I need to test the metal blob, it's too heavy for aluminum and too shiny to be lead.
IMG_9159.webp


Finally saw my first desert tortoise! I've found two empty shells in the past. This guy was an old timer, with a shell as big as a dinner plate, he is likely 70 years old or more.
IMG_9154.webp


All in all I consider it a definite winner of a first outing with the Deus and look forward to getting more familiar with it.
 
Upvote 46
I went to a ghost town/mine that I have hit hard this last several months purposely to test the ability of the D2.
So, did it live up to the hype?
Well, the last couple of times I hunted this spot I was hard pressed to get a signal worth digging with the Legend. With the D2 I was pulling jean rivets from 6 inches down in ground covered in nails!
While I didn't find any coins, I'm shocked by how many targets I had missed before. And I don't know this detector at all yet.

View attachment 2207849View attachment 2207850

The little brooch is Sterling silver. A nice little surprise. I need to test the metal blob, it's too heavy for aluminum and too shiny to be lead.
View attachment 2207851

Finally saw my first desert tortoise! I've found two empty shells in the past. This guy was an old timer, with a shell as big as a dinner plate, he is likely 70 years old or more.
View attachment 2207852

All in all I consider it a definite winner of a first outing with the Deus and look forward to getting more familiar with it.
I told you. The Deus is on another level. You'll soon see better results. Well done, my friend.
 
Nice Brooch - what a great find on your first hunt ! :icon_thumright:

I hunted with my Deus 1 for over (9) years - it's a great machine - countless fantastic finds.
Got my Deus 2 about four months ago - took the advise of other's who said - "go back and re hunt your old heavy iron sites".
So I did - wow - pulled over (25) 1800's coins out of sites that I never really planned on going back to again.

Good Luck with your new D2 !
 
I was on the waiting list when the D2 came out and it still amazes me! Been hunting old sites that I've walked for years and pulling some nice old coins!
 
I went to a ghost town/mine that I have hit hard this last several months purposely to test the ability of the D2.
So, did it live up to the hype?
Well, the last couple of times I hunted this spot I was hard pressed to get a signal worth digging with the Legend. With the D2 I was pulling jean rivets from 6 inches down in ground covered in nails!
While I didn't find any coins, I'm shocked by how many targets I had missed before. And I don't know this detector at all yet.

View attachment 2207849View attachment 2207850

The little brooch is Sterling silver. A nice little surprise. I need to test the metal blob, it's too heavy for aluminum and too shiny to be lead.
View attachment 2207851

Finally saw my first desert tortoise! I've found two empty shells in the past. This guy was an old timer, with a shell as big as a dinner plate, he is likely 70 years old or more.
View attachment 2207852

All in all I consider it a definite winner of a first outing with the Deus and look forward to getting more familiar with it.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
I went to a ghost town/mine that I have hit hard this last several months purposely to test the ability of the D2.
So, did it live up to the hype?
Well, the last couple of times I hunted this spot I was hard pressed to get a signal worth digging with the Legend. With the D2 I was pulling jean rivets from 6 inches down in ground covered in nails!
While I didn't find any coins, I'm shocked by how many targets I had missed before. And I don't know this detector at all yet.

View attachment 2207849View attachment 2207850

The little brooch is Sterling silver. A nice little surprise. I need to test the metal blob, it's too heavy for aluminum and too shiny to be lead.
View attachment 2207851

Finally saw my first desert tortoise! I've found two empty shells in the past. This guy was an old timer, with a shell as big as a dinner plate, he is likely 70 years old or more.
View attachment 2207852

All in all I consider it a definite winner of a first outing with the Deus and look forward to getting more familiar with it.
That's a lot of good positive targets to recover from thrashed ground there. 👍
 
I went to a ghost town/mine that I have hit hard this last several months purposely to test the ability of the D2.
So, did it live up to the hype?
Well, the last couple of times I hunted this spot I was hard pressed to get a signal worth digging with the Legend. With the D2 I was pulling jean rivets from 6 inches down in ground covered in nails!
While I didn't find any coins, I'm shocked by how many targets I had missed before. And I don't know this detector at all yet.

View attachment 2207849View attachment 2207850

The little brooch is Sterling silver. A nice little surprise. I need to test the metal blob, it's too heavy for aluminum and too shiny to be lead.
View attachment 2207851

Finally saw my first desert tortoise! I've found two empty shells in the past. This guy was an old timer, with a shell as big as a dinner plate, he is likely 70 years old or more.
View attachment 2207852

All in all I consider it a definite winner of a first outing with the Deus and look forward to getting more familiar with it.
Well you certainly missed a few-I mean many targets.
That's your first outing and after you put some time in your understanding will be better.
Congrats on the pretty brooch.

Cool old tortoise you managed to meet up with.
 
I am not surprised Oldmxrat. It was like that for me when I went from the DFX to the D1. The D2 is a great machine and it will continue to make your old sites feel young again. Congrats!
 
Nice, congrats! I love my D2
 
Do you think its better performance is because it goes deeper, or gets through the iron to the other metals better, or both? I hunt sites that generally have only scattered iron and my current machine can find Canadian 5C silver at 6", but I have been wondering whether a new machine would be worth it. I can't swing or dig for long anymore and really don't want to dig deep (like 10" or more) targets.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom