What's new

First hunt with the E-TRAC

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
2,521
Reaction score
2,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my E-TRAC in on Tuesday (Thanks again Tedyoh!), but wasn't able to take it out until today. After work I took it to a spot close to my house that I've hit with the F75 and Tejon already. I didn't find a ton, but I'm happy to say that I got silver on my maiden voyage with the E-TRAC! So anyway, here are my finds, a silver plated spoon, 3 quarters, 5 pennies, a 1942 Wheat and a 1943d Mercury.

20160218 ETRAC first hunt.webp
 
Upvote 36
You certainly are building an arsenal. Congrats on pulling a Merc on the E Trac's inaugural hunt. :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the success with the new stick!
 
Nice finds Im thinking of going E Trac
 
Nice going for a first time out with a new machine, I got a silver Shilling the first time I took my etrac out,they are silver slayers!
 
Yep, bet the E-trac screamed at ya when you hit that Mercury.
Congrats
 
Wow Congrats. How do you make a decision on which Machine to Use. An emberessment
 
You certainly are building an arsenal. Congrats on pulling a Merc on the E Trac's inaugural hunt. :occasion14:
Thanks. Yes, I call myself a detector collector now (and so does my wife :laughing7: ).

Yep, bet the E-trac screamed at ya when you hit that Mercury.
Congrats
Indeed it did scream at me. I really had no doubt it was a silver before I dug just from watching some youtube videos on the E-TRAC.

Wow Congrats. How do you make a decision on which Machine to Use. An emberessment
I use the CZ20 in water. I use the F44 if its raining, has recently rained, and sometimes in parks where I lose nothing from the F75. I use the Tejon in cleaner fields and to go behind the F75 at times. I use the F75 as my main machine. Going forward, I will use the F75 to hit bigger permissions for the first time, and the E-TRAC to hit smaller permissions and to break down bigger permissions on return trips. For common places that I hit a lot, I just take whichever detector tickles my fancy at the time. The decision will become harder as my detector collection grows. :blackbeard:

Oh yeah, forgot the GoFind 60. I keep this guy in my car so that I'm never without a detector. I bought it so that if I saw a spot I wanted to scan, but couldn't make it back to the house, I would be able to swing. However, it's turned more into the detector I use when I notice a park empty at lunch or on my way home from work.
 
Last edited:
It's an obsession!!! It's an obsession!!!
 
Well done CC! Congrats on the new machine. Best of luck to you.
 
Silver...great way to break in a new machine!
 
The sweet warble of silver sounds so good on the Etrac! Congrats
 
I got my E-TRAC in on Tuesday (Thanks again Tedyoh!), but wasn't able to take it out until today. After work I took it to a spot close to my house that I've hit with the F75 and Tejon already. I didn't find a ton, but I'm happy to say that I got silver on my maiden voyage with the E-TRAC! So anyway, here are my finds, a silver plated spoon, 3 quarters, 5 pennies, a 1942 Wheat and a 1943d Mercury.

Well you did a LOT better than I did the first time out with it, I managed one square nail!

Glad to see it's working out for you! Good Luck with it!
 
Congratualtions on the silver finds!
 
You will love it
 
Looks like you are learning that new one fast. A great hunt there.
 
The Etrac is an amazing machine, it's awesome at finding the goodies once you understand it! GL & HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom