First Hunt

mikewray

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2009
Garland, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett/Ace 250/Pin Pointer
I use to hunt with old Radio Shack unit, but I have not been out for several years. I have been reading the forum and got an Ace 250. I made my first trip on 1/31/09. I hit two parks and spent 4 hours. I used the 4" Sniper coil. I found the following: 12 tabs, 2 tokens, 25 pennies, 5 nickels, 15 dimes, 6 quarters, one .50 pesos, and one $10 pesos. I use to get frustrated with the old unit, but the Ace 250 has gotten my hopes up. I going back today to hit the same area and try the bigger coil and dig some more.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
mikewray said:
I use to hunt with old Radio Shack unit, but I have not been out for several years. I have been reading the forum and got an Ace 250. I made my first trip on 1/31/09. I hit two parks and spent 4 hours. I used the 4" Sniper coil. I found the following: 12 tabs, 2 tokens, 25 pennies, 5 nickels, 15 dimes, 6 quarters, one .50 pesos, and one $10 pesos. I use to get frustrated with the old unit, but the Ace 250 has gotten my hopes up. I going back today to hit the same area and try the bigger coil and dig some more.

Way to go! Sounds like a fun hunt! Good luck with your newly rediscovered hobby! The Ace is a fun machine!

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
WOW!!!!! Way to go!!! You had a terrific day. What part of Texas? Don't need any park names. Just curious if you're having that kinda luck in my area.
LOL
dustbuster

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
First off, welcome to T-Net and to the addiction. Sounds like a very good hunt. Kepp that coil swinging. Happy HH :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

mikewray

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2009
Garland, Tx
Detector(s) used
dustbuster said:
WOW!!!!! Way to go!!! You had a terrific day. What part of Texas? Don't need any park names. Just curious if you're having that kinda luck in my area.
LOL
dustbuster

Garland, Tx

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Very cool and congrats on today's hunt. That ACE is a great machine and I love mine.

Once I put on my sniper coil I was sold. It has not come off of it yet. My ace has also found some nice finds at a couple of feet underwater.

Happy Huntin!

Jason

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
mikewray said:
dustbuster said:
LOL
dustbuster

Garland, Tx

Mike, I am in Mesquite and there is a local club that meets the first Tue of each month if you are interested.
http://www.eastforktreasure.com/Page_1.php

Also if your up for a hunt just holler. I am taking my grandson to detect a park in Waxahachie this weekend.

OP
OP
M

mikewray

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2009
Garland, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tin Nugget said:
mikewray said:
dustbuster said:
LOL
dustbuster

Garland, Tx

Mike, I am in Mesquite and there is a local club that meets the first Tue of each month if you are interested.
http://www.eastforktreasure.com/Page_1.php

Also if your up for a hunt just holler. I am taking my grandson to detect a park in Waxahachie this weekend.
email sent to you.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a great spot and I loved my little ace, it worked great. Welcome to TN. Now go get permission at all the tourist places and campgrounds, you will probably have to notch out all the bottom section so to avoid the pulltabs which will eliminate the gold, but on the other hand you will clean up on the quarters and silver without digging a million pull tabs inbetween.

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH
That's what is so noble about this hobby.....
My hat's off to ya Nugget for offering to help the new guy!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread