Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found tons of phones . I think after enough time we will find one of almost everything Love it!!!!!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wouldn't think you could give it away in that condition.

Never know though, might get $10 max as a parts phone on ebay. If you mention found in the water, more like $2.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know market value on something like that, but nice conversation piece.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dry it out and charge it. If it turns on, all someone would need to do is replace the screen.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gazelle, look up the website I made 80 bucks off of 3 phones two didn't work, I've found 3 Iphones this summer two 5's and a 7, one apple iwatch along with three androids and a galaxy 7. Last night I was snorkeling and a gal came up to the waters edge frantic about just tipping her kayak and loosing her Galaxy 7. A couple of dives and there it was, still worked. She offered me money and a drink at the bar but I said no (married and I turn into Frank the Tank when I drink so I don't do it anymore), honestly I was happy about getting it back to her and the fact that I found it. It's crazy what these city folks bring out to the river.

If they offer you nothing for it, keep it for your end of the year finds. Also they are loaded with rare earth elements and minute amounts of gold. Get 10 phones or so and sell em on ebay to a scrapper.

Last edited:

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put it in a zip-loc bag 3/4 covered with dry rice to dry it out. May take a couple days. If it powers-on then you know more about your options suggested by other posters above.

Guess you would need a charger tho......meh.... I like your idea of a target more and more. Post pics !!!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about this phone, but don't most of them have a memory card in them? Get that out and get it cleaned up and maybe you'll get some info for it.
Hope that helps.

Interesting find.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Iphones have the internal memory card built into the motherboard, you can't get them out unfortunately but you can with the androids. I'm sure there are some "great" photos and videos on a lot of em.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see why somebody tossed in in the creek.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Iphones have the internal memory card built into the motherboard, you can't get them out unfortunately but you can with the androids. I'm sure there are some "great" photos and videos on a lot of em.

So, this new fangled technology can't make use of a mini SD memory card for external storage? Interesting.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, this new fangled technology can't make use of a mini SD memory card for external storage? Interesting.

They obviously could if they wanted to - Far more $$ charging [extorting] inflated markups for models with increased hard wired storage.
They get away with it precisely because they can, people keep buying them.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the perfect candidate to punch a few holes through. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
metaldetecta

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked on Gazelle like P. Allen suggested, and they offered me $5 lol. It isn't worth the gas money to drive it up to the post office to ship it out, and I don't know how to sell on ebay. I dried the phone out, and it would not charge. If my friend lets me shoot it at his range, I will post some pictures. I may mash it up and look for valuable metal in it after I shoot it. I am not the best with technology, and don't want to keep it. Thank you all for the help.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a heads up when selling to a place like Gazelle. FIRST, google "iphone blacklist". There is a list of lost/stolen phones. Plug in the IMIE number and do a seach. If someone had phone insurance it will be on the list. Gazelle and others won't pay for it. But looks like you can get $20 n the current condition.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the very worst phones are worth between 2 and 4 dollars a pound in scrap! Save em up, cash em in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread