First Kennedy Half and Clad with my XLT

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I was hunting in a tot lot last night and had an awesome time. I have had my detector for about 3 or 4 months and have found 30 dollars in clad. I go out about twice a week for a few hours. Until last night, I had only located the run of the mill modern clad, one 1898 Indian, and two or three foreign coins. Not too bad, but always wanted to find a half or silver dollar.

Well, last night while in this target rich environment, I pulled out a 1971 Kennedy half at 6 inches in the wood chips. The thing that helped me last night was that the wood chips were sitting on top of a weed barrier. Basically remove the chips and you see this barrier plastic. Easy digging. I only spent 45 minutes and breezed over the lot. I came home with about five dollars including the half dollar. Guess where I am going tomorrow morning?

I have included some pics of last nights finds as well as the foreign coins and IH penny I found. Hope you enjoy them.

Attachments

• 100_2846.jpg
    100_2846.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_2848.jpg
    100_2848.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 100_2858.jpg
    100_2858.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 340
  • 100_2853.jpg
    100_2853.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 100_2860.jpg
    100_2860.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!!!!!!!!!! Half dollars don't come around that much

O

ohannos

conggrats on the half! the top left of the foreign coins is from thailand if you did`nt know. keep at it// ohannos

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
OK I have to call you on this one!!! A few hours a couple of times a week?? Come on dude keep it real!! You know as well as I that we got out once a week together for 4-5 hours at a time and you go almost EVERY other night!!!!!!! Come on you know we are both addicted to MDing. BTW where are out designs?? Let's get rich!!!!

Your friend He who carries much light!!!

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
OK...I guess the first step in is to admit that I have a problem. I have even been detecting behind my wife's back. Please don't tell her. What happens on the forum stays on the forum. LOL

mastereagle22 said:
OK I have to call you on this one!!! A few hours a couple of times a week?? Come on dude keep it real!! You know as well as I that we got out once a week together for 4-5 hours at a time and you go almost EVERY other night!!!!!!! Come on you know we are both addicted to MDing. BTW where are out designs?? Let's get rich!!!!

Your friend He who carries much light!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread