What's new

First large cent of the year.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
356
Reaction score
1,477
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit an area of the park where I dug at least 3 or 4 large cents over the years. Didn't expect there to be any remaining so I was surprised when I unearthed this 1838 this morning. Felt great to dig something a little older for a change.
 

Attachments

  • 1838largecent.webp
    1838largecent.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • 1838largecent2.webp
    1838largecent2.webp
    265 KB · Views: 188
  • 1838largecent1.webp
    1838largecent1.webp
    214 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 40
Gotta love those old coppas
 
Nice looking one too. This is the first year I haven't found one yet. Hopefully I missed one in my usual copper producing fields.
 
Nice one, still looking for my first. Congrats
 
Yup! Love 'em.
LCs make a good day.
Peace ✌
 
Nice!! Thats in some good shape
 
Sweet LC. Always like to see one of those in the hole. :occasion14:
 
I like the green patina on that ! I wouldn't touch it - Very Nice Find .
 
NICE COIN THERE ED............
 
That's a keeper!!! Great job. I have yet to find one. Hoping this will be the year.
 
gotta love the feeling of unearthing a nice old LC, good job!!!
 
She's a beauty Ed! Always nice to unearth a large copper in a park. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Sweet LC!!

Been awhile since I've seen a big copper in the hole, Congrats!!
 
Nice LC Ed, looks like we need to hit that this weekend....:occasion14:
 
Nice LC Ed- great shape too! Keep up the good work! Hoping for a fall hook up with you & Tony at Seated!

-- Jeff --
 
Note to myself :Please do not mistake me for someone who gives a crap one way or the other :)


I was wondering if I would ever see a coin in the dirt again .

Thank you for keeping Today's Finds forum dirty .:occasion14:.
Fishing tackle , rings and beach clad is not my thing . :sleepy2:
 
Congratz! I absolutely love large cents. I can't wait to find one myself!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom