What's new

First large cent of the year.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
356
Reaction score
1,477
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit an area of the park where I dug at least 3 or 4 large cents over the years. Didn't expect there to be any remaining so I was surprised when I unearthed this 1838 this morning. Felt great to dig something a little older for a change.
 

Attachments

  • 1838largecent.webp
    1838largecent.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • 1838largecent2.webp
    1838largecent2.webp
    265 KB · Views: 188
  • 1838largecent1.webp
    1838largecent1.webp
    214 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 40
Was hoping to get over there by now. Better waiting until cooler Fall temps before heading over.
 
Congratulations on the old copper recovery!

My favorite finds are old copper coins, yours has some nice detail.
 
Nice Details. :thumbsup:. I dig wheat pennies that are in much worse shape.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom