First largie and 12th IHP of the year already......

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
Today may be the first hunt ever where I did not get a single memorial or clad. Hunted about 6 hours an old house yard my brother and I have hammered many times. Got five coins, two wheaties, two IHPs and a large cent. My brother showed up after I had been there about 5 hours and when I showed him what I had he just shook his head. HOW, he says, could I have missed that largie? Well, it was fairly deep, says I (6 "), and it was on edge. It hit 94 one way and 96 the other (Deus II). Had it been flat, it would have hit 98 both ways. I think the dozer pushed it up when the house was torn down.

20240312_190204.jpg

You can't tell by the photo, but the 1882 IHP is full diamonds. It upgraded my 1882 in my folder. The 1875 is my third ever, getting SO close to the 1877 and 1878 that I still need! Those are the last two IHPs I have not found except the two S mints.

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW you are really setting the world on fire :) Is your brother liking his Deus 2 ?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today may be the first hunt ever where I did not get a single memorial or clad. Hunted about 6 hours an old house yard my brother and I have hammered many times. Got five coins, two wheaties, two IHPs and a large cent. My brother showed up after I had been there about 5 hours and when I showed him what I had he just shook his head. HOW, he says, could I have missed that largie? Well, it was fairly deep, says I (6 "), and it was on edge. It hit 94 one way and 96 the other (Deus II). Had it been flat, it would have hit 98 both ways. I think the dozer pushed it up when the house was torn down.

View attachment 2136928

You can't tell by the photo, but the 1882 IHP is full diamonds. It upgraded my 1882 in my folder. The 1875 is my third ever, getting SO close to the 1877 and 1878 that I still need! Those are the last two IHPs I have not found except the two S mints.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the coppers.
Getting the LC just shows the abilities of the D2 and what it can sniff out of a hard hit site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions