What's new

First Lincoln box

Weasel_Loader

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
I decided to try CRH today and went by my local bank and picked up a box of Lincolns. I've always had a thing for Lincolns since I was a kid. I figure this is a cheap way to start CRH and gives me the most satisfaction since wheats are my goal and there is more out there than silvers from halves, quarters and dimes.

I was able to pull 5 wheats total from the one box. I also pulled all pre '82 Lincolns as well. I estimate that only about 20% of the box were pre '82. Only one Canadian cent and one from Bahamas.

I might give nickels a try next time, but I think Lincolns will be my favorite.

Wheats.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Good luck! You should do well in CA with a nice mix of mints.

Brian
 
Very nice find on the 36s.

I still need that one and that one looks to be in pretty good shape.

Get you a book and start filling the dates. You can sell doubles on ebay or sell/trade here.


-SWUSC
 
Pennies are my favorite too. They're good on the ol' pocketbook because they don't tie up much money at one time.

Happy Hunting,
Codes
 
Yes, I enjoy the Lincolns more since it's super easy on the pocketbook and there is more to pull. Might be a bigger profit in Halfs, but I hear a lot of people going through entire boxes with nothing to pull.

I can see a storage problem soon with all the copper I'll be holding. :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom