First Marbles

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
MM detected circles around me today at the SLQ place. You should see him go! He's quick! Plus he found wilver! Anyhow. Just for fun, we decided to dig the dirt out from an iron infested spot by the back steps.(with a full size shovel).

I kept shoveling dirt out, while MM ran his coil over it. I've never found a marble until today. This was a blast! The dirt was full of all kinds of stuff (including wheat pennies, tiny bottles, doll parts, ect...).but the marbles were easy to spot.

Now I have a marble collection. MM let me have the ring from that dirt too. I guess he felt sorry for me. :D
marbles.jpg
Cheers!

Ridley

Upvote 0
Congrat's on the marble's Ridley....How'd you end up with the shovel?Any info on the medallion?Sound's like alot of fun you two had....HH!!

Way to go Ridley! That's an impressive collection you found there.

Cool marbles Ridley! You found more in one hole than I've found in a year of detecting!
Duffytrash should be able to tell you something about them.
WTG!

Nice finds-I love finding stuff that belonged to kids. It's neat to think of where they are now and what they saw in their lives. Congrats!

Cool looking marbles...love that pink colored one. I love finding them too.

;) RR

nice mibs..... the red/white one on the left looks like an akro corkscrew....clarksburg wv..closed in 1951...thats the trait of the akro agate co..they patented the corkscrew machine so thats the only co. that made em on purpose...the catseye on the right is a vitro from parkersburg wv...its a hybrid type (more than one color)...very collectible....the rest are common catseyes and chinese checker marbles(or game marbles)...lots of em around...the little green one in the center looks asian...does it have a window that you can see into the center? keep findin those marbles....the 2 i mentioned are probaby in the 1-2 $ range depending on condition.

Yes the green one has a little clear window. MM got some cool marbles too. He mentioned your name when the first one popped out! :D

Thanks Duffy!

Civil,
I tossed the shovel into the back of MM's truck right before we left. The small "medallion" is a pin. "United Lutheran Assoc."

Ridley

duffytrash said:
nice mibs..... the red/white one on the left looks like an akro corkscrew....clarksburg wv..closed in 1951...thats the trait of the akro agate co..they patented the corkscrew machine so thats the only co. that made em on purpose...the catseye on the right is a vitro from parkersburg wv...its a hybrid type (more than one color)...very collectible....the rest are common catseyes and chinese checker marbles(or game marbles)...lots of em around...the little green one in the center looks asian...does it have a window that you can see into the center? keep findin those marbles....the 2 i mentioned are probaby in the 1-2 $ range depending on condition.

Duffy,
You amaze me!
-MM-

Ridley said:
Yes the green one has a little clear window. MM got some cool marbles too. He mentioned your name when the first one popped out! :D

Thanks Duffy!

Civil,
I tossed the shovel into the back of MM's truck right before we left.
The small "medallion" is a pin. "United Lutheran Assoc."
Ridley

Yeah, and it was in my truck when I got home today too. I guess you want ME to do the digging next time. ;D
That was a lot of fun today, not too hot. I think the cache is buried in that large petro tank out back. I'll bring some matches next time so we can look inside better. :o
Thanks again Dave.
-Doug-

kewl with the clear we call em crab claws....some do collect em...some contempary marble artists buy em and remelt them into beautys.....theres somethin about the glass???? but it take thoundsands of em..... lolol.....steve

I saw what that dirty dog MM found. ;) :D ;D Good thing you got your SLQ before he got there! I am sure he would have sniffed it out.

Yeah, I love digging up marbles. You guys must have had a blast doing an archaeological dig! ;D

Bob

Great marbles, I love the transparent brown one the best. Anybody got some web sites about marbles? I have some here in South Africa, maybe I can identify where they were made?

God bless
Peter

That ring looks like the one Merf...Bob ;D found! Neat idea on sifting through a rough spot! You got a LOT of good keepers!

Nana :)

Your ring looks like my aviator ." My ugliest ring "

Congrats on all the finds

DPSB

DesPlaines_IL_SilverBob said:
Your ring looks like my aviator ." My ugliest ring "

Congrats on all the finds

DPSB

We have twins!!! :o :o :o ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back