What's new

First metal detecting hunt

jailbirdjackson

Jr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
50
Reaction score
150
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This afternoon was my first metal detecting hunt. I rented a garrett ace 150 from windy city detectors in chicago. I hunted in the alley behind my apartment for 30 minutes and found a bicentennial quarter. Wish me luck the rest of the weekend!
 

Attachments

  • 1463191090760.webp
    1463191090760.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 28
Hey- GREAT hunt!

I found nothing but junk for quite a while, and you are in the cash first time out, how great.

You are .25 cents closer to buying your dream machine.

Keep digging and posting.
 
Congrats on finding your 1st coin. :occasion14: Good luck with your hunts this weekend.
 
Congrats on your first find - clad coins will add up, any way wish you many more finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Good score!!! It only takes a couple of finds to get the md bug............you're well on the way!!!
 
You Go Boy - Get Some! :headbang:
 
Congrats! Hopefully many more coming your way.
 
Took me years before i started to find the good stuff !! First time out for you not bad in my opinion GOODLUCK!
 
Congrats on your first find more will come
 
Always cool pulling your first quarter! Congrats!
 
Gets the heart going don't it. Look forward to seeing the rest of your weekend finds

HH, Relic Nut
 
Thanks everyone! First full day today, no silver but 13 pennies (no wheats), 1 canadian penny and 4 dimes. The coins practically jump out of the ground--if it's a coin. I picked up a lot of scrap metal.
 

Attachments

  • 1463263605449.webp
    1463263605449.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 102
I'm still just learning to detect. I wasn't at a location where I'd expect old stuff.
 
I have an ace 150 it's pretty good at finding coins it will take a little while to discriminate the coins from the trash though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Now your hooked!
 
Congrat's on your first finds!! Your hooked and you might not know it yet:occasion14:
 
You'll be driving past old houses... drooling... in no time !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom