What's new

First Ocean Yellow

cdv1

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
766
Reaction score
678
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
and I was scared too, saw 14k on it then FG.... and thought how fitting, fools gold....LOL then I did some searching here on Treasure net to see it meant Frederick Goldman, Inc.....Yippie.

Third day here at the beach, and first real time in salt water. Finally figured out the tide tables I printed out were from last year....Duh! no wonder it wasn't low when I thought it was going to be. So that figured out, I timed today's searching to coincide with low tide....I hadn't gone 10 feet into the water off shore and got a faint hit.... 4 scoops later and I saw yellow. Appears to be a mans ring with 5 chips of diamond (OR CZ) but I would think that they would be real if it is from Frederick Goldman, Inc. Guess I will buy a diamond checker.

Here are pics of the assorted stuff I've found in 2 1/2 days. Only other goodie is a small silver ring in the one photo.... Not in the pictures are the 50-100 bobbie pins and assorted bottle caps.... and numerous hooks and swivels....

Cliff
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0189sm.webp
    IMG_0189sm.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0188sm.webp
    IMG_0188sm.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_0192sm.webp
    IMG_0192sm.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0194sm.webp
    IMG_0194sm.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0195sm.webp
    IMG_0195sm.webp
    18 KB · Views: 512
Upvote 0
Nice work, where ya at?
 
Nice job that's a nice first, you won't forget that one too fast!
 
Since you're talking about tide tables on the coast. But which coast?

NICE ring. And yes, FG can mean the good stuff. Probably should change your title to reflect more than just yellow. Most people know there aren't many sunflowers in the ocean anyways.

That's the way to start raking in the goodies! WTG!!!
 
Guess I should have said... I'm somewhere in Myrtle, not sure if its North Myrtle or not.... I think its middle myrtle.... 52nd street to be exact!

:-)
 
very good!!!! where are you from in ohio?
 
CHA CHING !!!!!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
cdv1, congrats on that beautiful FG ring!

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • pic123680.webp
    pic123680.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 291

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom