First old coin.....ever

mrwirtner

Greenie
Oct 29, 2008
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
well the ground has thawed in central pa to where me and a friend decided to make a day of hunting a 1850s farm house and barn. before today though my oldest coin found was a 1965. so within minutes a friend pops out a 1856 large cent....great... im happy for him...but now im on a mission....after 3 more hours within 8 feet of his hole i dig my very own, very worn large cent. i race to the swimming pool located on the property to wash some dirt off and when i bend over *plunk* out falls my cell phone into 40 degree water! needless to say my phone is toast, but i consider it an even trade. research online shows it to be dated between 1808 and 1813...and i couldnt be happier

Upvote 0
Cell phones are a dime a dozen.......but a 200 + yr old coin is priceless. (Hmmm, a swimming pool with water? Three days ago it was -16 F here......all in all, I'd say you're lucky!)

Hopefully you pulled out the battery from the phone. Let it dry for at least 3 days and put the battery back. It might work again.

Congrats on the finds :thumbsup:

Hal

I'd try not to wash your finds in their swimming pool in the summertime. :tard:

Nice Finds.

Outstanding! Great to hear you found your first old coin. I love the large cents myself. The heck with the cell phone, they are over rated anyway. I still do not have one myself, lol.

Congrats on the LC and too bad about the cell phone! HH, Mike

I am happy for you. I know the feeling. Cell phones are a dime a dozen. Nice coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back