First Picker of the year!

jeffbealbrews

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2014
Somerset, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, Garret Pro Pointer, Keene 48" sluice, Bazooka Gold Trap Sniper 24" and Bazooka Gold Trap prospector 48"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I dont get out prospecting very often with our busy schedules yet, we did and here is our first baby picker of the year. With record rainfall in our area, we are certain there was some good gold movement. Hope you enjoy! gold3-12-17.jpg

Upvote 18
That sounds very exciting I want to do that when I retire if I ever can retire.. Thanks for sharing thats pretty cool!!!!!

WELCOME NEW MEMBER AND NICE GOLD NUG.

Nice bit of gold in the pan! Congratulations! :icon_thumright:

Welcome from Texas and congrats

TexasCTX3030 - Mario (NetHunter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with all the recent rain I bet a lot of gold is out there

Nice job on the gold find! :occasion14:

Nice little picker! I know it takes hours of panning to find something like this. Most people get dissappointed when they see how hard it is to find a little bit of gold, but if you like the hobby every minute at the river is going to be fun and when you find something its an awesome moment!

This maybe a very rookie question (I am an Eastern Yankee) but I often thought whether you had to have a claim to pan a river out west?
Are there public areas to pan?
Thanks

This maybe a very rookie question (I am an Eastern Yankee) but I often thought whether you had to have a claim to pan a river out west?
Are there public areas to pan?
Thanks

Most western states have public areas, and some of the public areas are pans only.
Most western states with medium to large city's have prospecting clubs and it is usually very inexpensive to join, the clubs have claims, and usually all have outings where you will meet lots of like minded people.

Nice job on that gold find

Thats pretty cool. Thanks for sharing and keep posting that kind of stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back