What's new

First Point of 2012

DemonCatSpaceStar

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
392
Reaction score
516
Golden Thread
0
Location
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found my first point of 2012 & a Knife. I just saw the tip of the point sticking out from under the rocks & flipped one of them.
The Knife I found in about 6" of water I was surprised I found anything at all because I saw someone there the day before.

Thx for looking,

8)
Phil
 

Attachments

  • AH.webp
    AH.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 509
  • AH1.webp
    AH1.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 520
  • Almost Insitu.webp
    Almost Insitu.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 522
  • Knife Scraper.webp
    Knife Scraper.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0
nice find, do you have to wear polarized glasses to see into the water?
 
flintmel said:
nice find, do you have to wear polarized glasses to see into the water?

Funny you should mention Sunglasses I had never searched with sunglasses (till today seriously) & then I found this, wonder what I've been missing? ??? :BangHead: :D


I try to avoid the water but I have found stuff in very still water & shallow, this was moving with ripples is why I was surprised at finding this.
Thx
 
I only ask cause some of my diehard fishin buddies swear they can see the fish in a brook or creek if they're wearin they're polarized glasses so I was thinkin, maybe it would work lookin for rocks?
 
if you look in moving water a few times without sunglasses you will get used to finding stuff. i started out looking in moving water and couldnt find anything. Then i took a couple of points with me dropped em in the water and messed around with different situations, next thing you know i was finding them left and right
.
 
k1lla77 said:
if you look in moving water a few times without sunglasses you will get used to finding stuff. i started out looking in moving water and couldnt find anything. Then i took a couple of points with me dropped em in the water and messed around with different situations, next thing you know i was finding them left and right
.

That sounds like a good idea! I might try that...then again I would probably lose the points? lol :laughing7:
 
I use polarized sunglassess for fishing and they definately help to reduce glare on the surface of the water. That's worth trying out! Thanks
 
flintmel said:
I only ask cause some of my diehard fishin buddies swear they can see the fish in a brook or creek if they're wearin they're polarized glasses so I was thinkin, maybe it would work lookin for rocks?

There's no doubt about it, polarized sunglasses will give you a huge advantage for seeing into the water.

11KBP
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom