What's new

First point of 2017 for me

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
1,567
Reaction score
2,161
Golden Thread
0
Location
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't out looking for points on Saturday, I actually was digging crystals and went down to the lake to wash what I found off. As I was walking towards the water, I looked in a little wash made from snow melt and it just barely caught my eye because of the material. Really glad I did! So then I switched from crystals to looking for more lol! But all I found was a broken preform possibly, and a green glass bead. I Don't know if it is modern or not.
 

Attachments

  • 1491252934678.webp
    1491252934678.webp
    261.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 1491252955076.webp
    1491252955076.webp
    113.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 1491252972914.webp
    1491252972914.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 1491252991943.webp
    1491252991943.webp
    196.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 1491253006312.webp
    1491253006312.webp
    137 KB · Views: 98
  • 1491253024087.webp
    1491253024087.webp
    169.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 1491253039439.webp
    1491253039439.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 1491253051919.webp
    1491253051919.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
Nice point.,... I cant seem to find one like that
 
I'm trying to decide if it is an ovid knife or an unfinished point, not really sure....
 
A keeper that is for sure. My guess is knife. What kind of crystals do you find?
 
A keeper that is for sure. My guess is knife. What kind of crystals do you find?
Mostly smokey quartz, sometimes amethyst, as well as other stuff a little more rare occasionally!
 
Cool Finds! :thumbsup:

It is hard to say what it is meant to have been utilized as. It may be an unfinished point or it may have been used as a small hand knife. Your bead looks like it may be a trade bead.
 
Keeper for sure! What kind of material is the point? It looks a little like the waxy black flint in my area. Very nice!
 
Sweet! Whatever you do, don't stop looking for crystals. Hell, I think I'm gonna start hunting them.
 
Nice bead Im still looking for one.
 
One thing leads to another when treasure hunting, nice finds!
 
Really neat and I agree that it looks like a finished knife.
 
Keeper for sure! What kind of material is the point? It looks a little like the waxy black flint in my area. Very nice!
Basalt, the source of this material is about 16 miles to the south east of where I find these points! :laughing7: I have tried to knap it, but I get step fracturing ALOT with it, and so because I'm not that skilled yet, I've yet to make a good point.
 
Nice bead Im still looking for one.
I have found at least three other beads here, one nice baby blue, one that I believe is called a "bleeding heart" bead that is for sure a trade bead, and one I have posted but never gotten an answer on. It is blue glass, long, elliptical, and tapered at one end.
 
You are on a nice spot. Beads can be tough to find & you've found some nice ones. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom