What's new

First point of the year (id please)

hbrown22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
385
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My 9 yr old daughter found it while we were at the creek. I found tools and scrapers. Can't find anything in the Overstreet guide, closest would be Little Bear Creek. Measures 3" length, 1" wide.

image-3581073414.webp

image-1630000194.webp

image-646999279.webp

image-1562520742.webp
 
Upvote 0
First of all, that sure is some beautiful material! :icon_thumleft: Looks like a knife, but could also have been a previous worked point, lost, and later found and reworked the base?
 
Thanks everyone for the comments and possible ID. We are proud and I told her all the nice things you guys said :)
 
It is beautiful. A center piece she should be very proud. Reason I guessed Mulberry is it does not match anything I have and all I can do is show like examples I have found.
Here is a little Bear from N. Ala. A Elk River from semi Middle Tn and a Benton bottleneck from S.E Tn.:dontknow: These are the guesses thus far.The work is closer to a little bear.
It is funny how sometimes somebody can just reach down and find the best and you have been standing right beside it. Always happens when I take someone.


photo.webp
 
That is a beautiful piece. I agree with painterx7. I would be out there looking over that part of the creek for sure!! Congrats on that one!!!
 
How Beautiful. So glad she found it; truly outstanding Kat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom