What's new

First point of the year (id please)

hbrown22

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
385
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My 9 yr old daughter found it while we were at the creek. I found tools and scrapers. Can't find anything in the Overstreet guide, closest would be Little Bear Creek. Measures 3" length, 1" wide.

image-3581073414.webp

image-1630000194.webp

image-646999279.webp

image-1562520742.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a heavy duty but I'm gonna check it's a very sweet find for sure NOTWORTY ;)!!!!!
 
Ok looks like a Benton or an elk river ;)
 
I don't know what type it is but it sure is nice.
 
You might consider a Mulberry creek as well with the weak shoulders. It is a very nice piece. Like the strong oblique transverse flaking. Nothing as nice as that in my opinion. Congratulations.
 
I agree Tn that flaking is sweet !!!! If it is a Benton bottle neck it would b middle archaic old old ;)
 
JMO I'm going to go with an Elk River blade with that oblique transverse flaking it typical for that type. It is a super fine find:notworthy::notworthy:
 
I said (joking) when we first got there that we were not going home until she found a complete arrowhead. Little devil showed us up! We were out there about 2 hours before she found it on the edge of the creek. She was bored and was flipping rocks over. It was under one of the rocks.
 
Couldn't tell you the type, but I can tell you that you oughta bring her along for now on! Maybe even pull her out of school if you have to! Great find
 
I would b going over that edge where she found it with a fine tooth comb lol
 
That is a real beauty in color and design. Your going to have to get her a bigger frame now.
 
Painterx hit it right on the head - Elk River. Very nice find.
 
Beautiful artifact. As has been mentioned those are some long flaking scars.
 
very nice tell her i am proud of her and happy for her
that is great way to start a collection

larson1951
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom