What's new

First pottery for 2017

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to walk downstream all the way as far as I could go due to fallen trees today and found a small shard on a sand bar :headbang: It's not much to some but it's been a while for me to find anything so it's what keeps me coming back :laughing7: Also, posting a pic of a flint flake I found last weekend and what may be a worn and broken quartz point or could just be a rock lol Thanks for the look! HH WP_20170128_002.webpWP_20170128_003.webpWP_20170128_006.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice to get out and nice decorated pottery.
 
Nice to get out and nice decorated pottery.
Yes it was nice to get out and for several hours in the warm sun. Going to try to get out again tomorrow but it won't be very warm, there's still a part of the creek I need to go over since the big rain we had.
 
If there are flint chips in that creek, there is a arrowhead in that creek most likely. Great finds:occasion14:
 
Nice pottery!
Where there's flakes there's points!
You need to stick a shovel in the ground. I know it's not easy but start a hole somewhere you might be surprised what's there.
Maybe 20 feet back from the creek on a bluff.
Wish we were closer I would give you a screen, I just don't get up your way often.
Nice finds!
 
Nice pottery!
Where there's flakes there's points!
You need to stick a shovel in the ground. I know it's not easy but start a hole somewhere you might be surprised what's there.
Maybe 20 feet back from the creek on a bluff.
Wish we were closer I would give you a screen, I just don't get up your way often.
Nice finds!

I wish we were closer too so you could help me find a place to dig.
 
Hopefully your flood washed a point loose for you. Creeks here are still to high but I have found a few things. Lots of pottery washed out.
 
If there are flint chips in that creek, there is a arrowhead in that creek most likely. Great finds:occasion14:

Exactly ! Good finds NC- I remember as a kid finding so many large flakes and likely scrapers and we just left them in piles. Now I pick em up.....I think they are interesting and some things must have been utilized. Like that flake with the little notch there. Maybe? Who knows- thanks as usual for posting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom