First pottery for 2017

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to walk downstream all the way as far as I could go due to fallen trees today and found a small shard on a sand bar :headbang: It's not much to some but it's been a while for me to find anything so it's what keeps me coming back :laughing7: Also, posting a pic of a flint flake I found last weekend and what may be a worn and broken quartz point or could just be a rock lol Thanks for the look! HH WP_20170128_002.jpg WP_20170128_003.jpg WP_20170128_006.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to get out and nice decorated pottery.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are flint chips in that creek, there is a arrowhead in that creek most likely. Great finds:occasion14:

Triumph

Oct 7, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice pottery!
Where there's flakes there's points!
You need to stick a shovel in the ground. I know it's not easy but start a hole somewhere you might be surprised what's there.
Maybe 20 feet back from the creek on a bluff.
Wish we were closer I would give you a screen, I just don't get up your way often.
Nice finds!

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pottery!
Where there's flakes there's points!
You need to stick a shovel in the ground. I know it's not easy but start a hole somewhere you might be surprised what's there.
Maybe 20 feet back from the creek on a bluff.
Wish we were closer I would give you a screen, I just don't get up your way often.
Nice finds!

I wish we were closer too so you could help me find a place to dig.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully your flood washed a point loose for you. Creeks here are still to high but I have found a few things. Lots of pottery washed out.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are flint chips in that creek, there is a arrowhead in that creek most likely. Great finds:occasion14:

Exactly ! Good finds NC- I remember as a kid finding so many large flakes and likely scrapers and we just left them in piles. Now I pick em up.....I think they are interesting and some things must have been utilized. Like that flake with the little notch there. Maybe? Who knows- thanks as usual for posting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread