What's new

First real test for the CZ21 (We Did Very Well)

biggmike

Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
2
Location
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on my semi annual road trip and I think I did well. I wish I could live there. Got there early and hunted for 7 hours and never got out of targets. I must have dug 25 bottle caps but knew what they were because of the tone but I just can't pass them up because I get mixed tones on bottle caps, middle (gold) high (coins) and bad. Last year I did get my one and only platinum ring and got a bad tone mixed in but I could kind of tell there were two targets there anyway on to this hunt. The machine worked about 90% the same as the CZ20 except for the pinpoint. I think I liked the old style pinpoint better but I was just used to it and may end up liking this pinpoint better after time. I got my first ring about 1 hour in and it was this 18K wedding band that weighs 6.6 grams.
.
023.webp
.
Next I got this huge 18K wedding band about 2 hours later. It weighed in at 7.4 grams. Go figure :icon_scratch: less them 1 gram more then the much smaller ring.
.
026.webp
.
I then got this charm that I have no idea what it is but I'm guessing it is religious.
.
022.webp
.
Last but not least I got this nice 14K wedding band that weighs in at 4.4 grams and came up as a high(coin range) tone
.
024.webp
.
I got about 40 coins and skipped a bunch of coin tones but kind of wish I hadn't because that last ring came up as a high tone so I may have missed something. The CZ20 always did a really good job not identifying gold as coins but the CZ21 may not do as good a job on that. Time was a factor so I tried going for mostly middle tones. I had a great time and can't wait to get back there.​
 
Upvote 0
that is some day of digging! congrats on the rings
 
Wow, that is more gold than I saw all summer long...... Were they very deep??? I am thinking that the gold targets around here have burried themselves deeper than what my detector can detect, or they are already in someone else's treasure chest ;D ;D
 
From the sound of it I beleive you had a awsome day. Was you hunting parks, tot lots or beaches. Just wondering as you found a lot of gold......Matt
 
Great finds and a good post! And I think he's also underlining a valuable point........."he found a variety of gold rings that responded with different tones." Enough difference that he's even questioning some of the targets he passed up, and he was using a quality machine. With everything else being equal, I still believe this is the biggest difference between the guy who finds a lot of gold and the guy who finds very little. The guy who finds a lot of gold will only trust his machine to a certain point, everything beyond that point he willingly digs. :thumbsup:
 
mlayers said:
From the sound of it I believe you had a aw some day. Was you hunting parks, tot lots or beaches. Just wondering as you found a lot of gold......Matt

I pretty much hunt the water and these all came from the same beach. It's just a little out of the way ;D I try to hit it about twice a year and it has not let me down yet. The rings were not deep but sand seemed to have moved because there was more rock exposed this time. Thanks for all the nice comments...
 
Very nice hunt you had. With the rocks exposed that might be why you found the rings as they were within reach. The CZ-20 or 21 is still very much in the running for the best.
 
Congrats!

That wedding ring looks like it has an inscription inside. Can you find the owner?
 
Smudge said:
Congrats!

That wedding ring looks like it has an inscription inside. Can you find the owner?

It does have an inscription Smudge but it is a very common saying with nothing else. I did a google search and it brought up hundreds of the same saying. I love to return items whenever possible. I got a class ring there the last time I went and got to return that. I found a very nice Mother's day ring in a local lake two years ago. It has 4 kid's names in it and I am still trying to find the owner. I even gave 3 of the names and said if anyone knows a mom that has children with these names and one more please let her know that I may have found her ring. I have tried Craigslist and the local paper with no luck. :dontknow:
 
when in doubt...dig it all...ill sort it out later...hh dave
 
Big Mike,
Ur doing GREAT on your return efforts. Hope you find lots more. Ralph
 
:icon_thumright:

congrats on all the fines...keep up the good work

herb
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom