What's new

First Ring Of It's Kind For Me.

Digging Prayers

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
188
Golden Thread
0
I found a pocket knife, a hand full of change and a ring at an old ball field today with the Deus 2. The ring rang up with a clear, double tapping, 98 vdi and tone. At first I thought I had a wedding band. Upon close inspection....
20260711_184145.webp


20260711_184105.webp


7da6683a-bab8-476a-a24e-70af24c94e80.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20260711_184145.webp
    20260711_184145.webp
    223.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 20260711_184105.webp
    20260711_184105.webp
    213 KB · Views: 18
  • 7da6683a-bab8-476a-a24e-70af24c94e80.webp
    7da6683a-bab8-476a-a24e-70af24c94e80.webp
    590.6 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 24
Congrats on that neat coin ring. Although I have never found one, I have had 2 made for myself from Half Dollars. One is my birth year ( a Franklin ) and the other is my dad's birth year, ( a Walking Liberty ).
 
Well, I didn't ask that question very well. The ones I am familiar with, from school shop class, were made by constant tapping around the rim of a silver coin, with the bottom of the bowl of a spoon usually, until flattened out to the appropriate size, then drilled out and finished smooth. There was actually nothing at all of the coin's features left, just a nice, plain silver ring. Not being mechanically inclined ( but I have jump started many a heart ) I can't visualize the process that maintains the features both inside and out. I think I would like to do one like that with my own birth year. Does that require special equipment? What is the process?
 
Sandog,
The way you described is one way to do it but to keep the details requires a different technique and tools.

Here is a link to a video that will show you how to do it. He uses professional tools but you can get the tools needed at harbor freight at a fair enough price.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom