First Ring of the year and Silver pin and an unknown button.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got a chance to get out and do some detecting today. Met Swampfox, his son, and his wife at a vacant lot which was once located near the center of town. There used to be at least one house on the lot and maybe two. The lot was filled with so many signals that it was hard to find anything. I did end up with several clad pennies, a ring (which later I found had Made in Hong Kong) on the inside, a sterling silver pin that I think was given to nursing students in the 1950’s and 1960’s, what appears to be some type of military pin (Maybe someone can tell me what it is), and half a lock. The last two pics are of a button that Swampfox found. Hoping someone can give us an idea of how old it might be. Thanks for the help and HH.

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 588
  • pin1.jpg
    pin1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 585
  • plate1.jpg
    plate1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 587
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG 0041.JPG
    IMG 0041.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 586
Upvote 0
When you say there were so many signals it was hard to find anything?
And you found those relics?
Go back and dig everything.

Congrats! Nice finds for the weather we have been having.
---Mel

borninok

Nice job on the silver SC.....The military pin look's like a "unit crest" but couldn't tell you from where.I'll try and give it a shot.Congrat's and HH!!

Great bunch of finds, SC! Looks like you all had a fun day!

Congrats! Nana :)

Great finds, SC! I think I would hunt that site some more! :)

Very short history of the Orangeburg Medical Facility: Originating from a small, private hospital started by Dr. Charles A. Mobley in 1919, the Regional Medical Center (RMC) has grown to a 286-bed, acute-care, regional medical center owned by Orangeburg and Calhoun counties (South Carolina).
http://www.trmchealth.org/rmc.nsf/View/AboutUs

The wording on the two-eagle piece:
The Latin inscription: "ARCHID · AUST · DUX · BURG · CO · TYR · 1780 · X" translates as: Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Burgundy, Countess of Tyrol 1780."

These words are also found on the reverse of a Maria Theresia Taler; as shown here:http://www.jdsworld.net/article/m_theresa_thalers.html
Don.........

Thanks for all the replies and help folks and Mack, that does look like the same pin.

The military pin is the DI (distinctive insignia) of the 710th Maintenance Battalion, U.S. Army. The motto Mobilitas et Virtus is Latin for, "Mobility and Valor." About the earliest date for it would be 1955, as the design was approved on December 15, 1954.

You guys are good..Thanks for the info PBK.

thanks for the post and cool finds

HH DDEII

Sweet Gobbledgooks! I'd trade a day of copper pipe trash and pulltabs topped off by a dozen Vienna wiener cans for a few buttons any day! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back