FIRST RING THIS YEAR THEN POLICE

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didnt expect to succumb to the detecting bug today ,being +3 and foggy.But I found about an acre of exposed sand at the beach so ,on gloves hat and enthusiasm.Found 4 pennys a button,20 beer caps,many assorted varieties of foil and then that welcome sound of silver.Out pops the first ring this year.{not bad for only the second time out this year]Then the police car came,rescued him from 5 inches and stuck in the ice.I wish I would remember my camera so I could show you guys the conditions.Picture lake huron frozen solid and mountains of ice out where the water is, a patch of open sand and thick thick fog.Ahhh Canadian spring :D
Good hunting to all :)

Attachments

• treasure25.jpg
    treasure25.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 759
  • treasure24.jpg
    treasure24.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 762
Upvote 0
Can't be that cold the Miami Police are there lol...Nice finds !! You have to watch the bug I find myself going to the frost lines often in Ny..

NIceeeeeeeee Ring, also glas you helped out the cops in finding there car. LOL

HH, Ringfinder

beeping4fun said:
Can't be that cold the Miami Police are there lol...Nice finds !! You have to watch the bug I find myself going to the frost lines often in Ny..
Yeah it is Miami,guess the forgot there snow tires ;D wont be long for us now.
Thanks for looking everyone & happy hunting :)

By the title of your post I thought you got busted while MDing :D

Nice ring..hopefully the warmer weather is coming for you soon.

Nat

Congratulations on the ring!

Silver comes in many forms. Rings are always good!

Ridley

Cool finds DR.
While hunting several years ago in a public park I actually had a police officer pull up on the wrong side of the road and question me on what I had found. My first thought was, oh man he's going to tell me to leave and take my metal detector, then he asks what kind of detector I was using and I told him and he said he had a White"s (I forget the model) and we end up going hunting together.
Fun story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back