What's new

First sandstone bead find

wvdirtdigger

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
545
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-2896652540.webp
 

Attachments

  • image-2312339054.webp
    image-2312339054.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0
Nice one! I've been into a few beads lately too
HH
 
Nice one! :icon_thumright: Where and who did you find it?
 
I found it walking a creek. It was a first for me. I just got back into the hobby.
 
Oh, By the way, Welcome to TNET!
 
Thanks. I've been wanting to join for a while. Good luck and happy hunting.
 
Very cool. Love beads. Adornment is special.
 
So true. Nice find there.
 
That is one heck of a bead! I have always thought where one bead is found, a string of them should be scattered near! Good luck!
 
That looks like a nice one. I havent found one yet.
 
Nice. Even nicer to see another from West (by god) Virginia. What part of the state are you from? Good luck and welcome - new here too!
 
Nice. Even nicer to see another from West (by god) Virginia. What part of the state are you from? Good luck and welcome - new here too!

I'm from the Charleston area. However I found the bead in the northern panhandle.
 
Love that bead. Sweet one. Love w. va too. I'm fringe maryland but spend a. Couple weeks a year in wva near the Potomac. Haven't found any there yet. Berkeley springs area.
 
Love that bead. Sweet one. Love w. va too. I'm fringe maryland but spend a. Couple weeks a year in wva near the Potomac. Haven't found any there yet. Berkeley springs area.

I was on the Potomac two weeks ago. Must have walked 5miles of gravel with no luck.
 
Sweet! I've not seen the Potomac in years, other than driving through. I'm from Fayette county, famous for its "big bridge" and the New & Gauley rivers and of course me...lol

You aren't too far away...it's nice to see what treasures those near you are finding. It helps spot materials and shapes a little better, at least it helps me.

I'll look forward to seeing your finds...
Brandiwine-O
 
Last edited:
I have always wondered how the hunting was in the new river. Any good artifacts there?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom