First Seated and it had a friend! Back on the Silver!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got off of work a little earlier today so I was able to get out there. Went to my site which I scouted a couple weeks ago and found the real nice Dandy button. I was walking all over the place just chasing some shot gun shell signals then BOOM real nice signal with a high tone! 4 inches down starting to get into the clay was a little silver so i poured some water on it and could make out that it was my first seated dime 1888 (#18 Silver). I was so pumped I shot out some texts to tell some friends of my treasure! So i put it away and swung the coil over the hole again and got another silver signal and popped out another Seated Dime 1887 (#19)! Nice little coin spill! Dug a small cal bullet too. Not sure if it is old or not but it kinda looked older to me. Thanks for looking!

IMG_3172.jpgIMG_3173.jpgIMG_3174.jpgIMG_3176.jpgIMG_3177.jpgIMG_3178.jpgIMG_3179.jpgIMG_3180.jpgIMG_3181.jpgIMG_3182.jpgIMG_3183.jpg

Upvote 17
Are those pics after cleaning? They almost look like plated counterfeits. If you google the subject, there are multiple sites with lots of pics.

I hope they are the real deal, a seated spill is just bonkers.

I cleaned them up a little more and they do look a tad better but that thought crossed my mind as well. But I'm not sure how i would be able to tell if they were or not. looks like they might be worth more money as counterfeits lol

Congrats on your first Seated coin(s). Seated coins of any kind are always a welcome site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back