First Seated!! And Some Misc. Keepers

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earlier this week I revisited an old mid 19th century homestead where I had previously hadn't had much luck, only finding one large flat button. I knew there had to be some other good items lurking there amongst the rusted iron, which seemed to be everywhere. I re-checked the back yard where I had found the previous button and finally got a couple of nice repeatable signals. The first one turned out to be a small (1 1/8") old NYC Police badge at 5" deep. How that got there I'll never know. The next decent signal turned out to be a small gold plated ring. After that the good signals dried up so I moved to the small field next to the house and ended up finding two silver plated horse bridle rosettes, an unfired musket ball, a small flat button backmarked "Double Plate- London" and the best find, my first seated coin an 1875 dime in decent condition. I'm glad I didn't give up on this site, and I'll be going back there again.

001.JPG 002.JPG 005.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

Upvote 33

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. What you have may be a wallet badge if its that small. You can always check to see how old it is by calling in the number. Dunno if you'd have to give it back then though...

The seated find is great. It's a thrill to expect a silver to be the same old barber or merc and have a seated pop out instead. Congrats

Steve

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your first seated! Cool badge and rosettes too!

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seated looks great, and its cool when you find something that makes you go "whoah, what the heck just came out of the ground" (the badge). I'm sure it was a thrill all around.

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Scrappy. I was thinking wallet badge also. And you're right when I first saw that the coin was silver I was thinking Merc all the way. It was a nice surprise.

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah Nathan the badge and the coin were big surprises. This is my year for badges because I also found a nice Salvation Army badge at another old home site a month or so ago.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your seated!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking seated!!! Cool old little pin badge as well!!! :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,, very pretty seated, , that badge belonged to a retired cop. They all move upstate after they leave the force

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep,, very pretty seated, , that badge belonged to a retired cop. They all move upstate after they leave the force

Interesting. That would certainly explain how it got up here in the boondocks outside of Albany. Thanks for the input.

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice seated, damn nice police badge...

Thanks Park Pirate. Before I cleaned it I was figuring on it maybe being a radio show premium because of the size.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, nice seated.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You rocked on those sites. Love the Seated and that cool badge.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
That first Seated is a huge monkey off the back, congrats. I think that badge is your coolest find, though.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!! Great finds! Seated is awesome, I remember my first it felt great finding it! Congrats. HH

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs on the seated dime I'm still looking for one I'm sure it's out there so I will keep looking. Love all the relics also and like scrappy said it is a courteously badge for the wife or child. To carry. HH gl

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would love to find more seated coins. I have detected four sites this year that I would consider virgin and prime spots for seated coins. Found a grand total of two. Well done

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on your first Seated... happy for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread