Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got out to detect on January 2, had to work on the first. Between the cold, snow, and the fact that it's only sunny and warm on the days that I do work, I was starting to get a little frustrated. Had errands to do on my first day off, but I wisely stuffed the detector into the car trunk. After completing said errands, I drove my usual route of searching. I have three or four areas out here in Denver that myself and a few others constantly check on, in the hopes that something opens up. Spotting some construction activity at a lot that a condo is being built, I pulled over to investigate. Two small backhoes were ripping up the front of an old 1890's building's sidewalk. I sat there and watched for a while. When they finally took a break, I went over to see if I could get permission to hunt. The owner of the building told me "no problem" so I started to detect. Very first signal was the dime. You could tell that one of the backhoes had lightly scrapped the front of the coin. The only other signal was a brand new zinc penny. Soon the crew had to get back to work, so I left. Plan to stop by there today, hopefully the streak will continue. Dug only two Seated all of last year, so this is a great start for me.

Attachments

• 1876 Dime.jpg
    1876 Dime.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Awesome seated dime! Way to take advantage of a situation that presented itself to you!!!!

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
wow that's a great find, I was wondering how you were able to hunt in Denver as it is alot like southern Utah snow snow all over the place. I to watch for construction sites however here in So. Utah there isn't that much going on.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fantastic way to start the New Year! I think I would be hunting that site in all metal, in
hopes of maybe finding a Gold Coin. Never Know!

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions