What's new

First Silver Dollar Find

slider66

Owner Treasure Coast Metal Detectors
🥇 Charter Member
🛒 Supporting Vendor
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
1,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure Coast Of Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
photo.webpToday I hit the beach 2 hours before low tide. I had an okay day. I first found a pretty nice pair of ladies sunglasses and then a few more coins. I was getting ready to leave when I had a low tone hit on my Excal. After playing for about 15 minutes batteling the water and the sand caving in I was finally able to pull out my first Silver dollar find. It was a 1974 Eisenhower silver dollar. It was not in great shape but it still was AWESOME to find it. You gotta love this hobby!!photo (1).webp
 
Upvote 0
We'll the silver dollar looks that it had been buried a while with the corrosion.. Good job.
 
Its a dollar coin but not silver...nice find...congrats.
 
Your right. I just read that it is not silver. Oh well, it still was cool to find it. 1974 I guess it had been there for a while.
 
Slider66...an "Ike " find is a great find!:headbang:

I haven't found one in 9 yrs of detecting!

Lorraine
 
I learned the same way of what coin years are silver. I found a half and dollar coin once. Both were clad, but experience was a learning one. Next will be silver.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Your right. I just read that it is not silver. Oh well, it still was cool to find it. 1974 I guess it had been there for a while.
Still a nice find...Ive never found one.
 
Nice find I never found one either I'm afraid if it were silver I may dismiss something like that as a can... at a busy beach.... because of how high and large the tone would be.
 
Last edited:
If it's in the water I dig it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Cool find and a somewhat rare sized clad coin to be found on land and definitely not the usual sized coin found in saltwater :icon_thumleft:. Cool deal
 
That is a Biggie, cool catch!!
 
Awesome. Im jealous. I thought I found one the other day when it first came out of the ground. On closer inspection it turned out to be a $3 Sonny's BBQ token. What a kick in the rear....

snnys coin.webp
sonnys coin.webp
 
View attachment 1050387Today I hit the beach 2 hours before low tide. I had an okay day. I first found a pretty nice pair of ladies sunglasses and then a few more coins. I was getting ready to leave when I had a low tone hit on my Excal. After playing for about 15 minutes batteling the water and the sand caving in I was finally able to pull out my first Silver dollar find. It was a 1974 Eisenhower silver dollar. It was not in great shape but it still was AWESOME to find it. You gotta love this hobby!!View attachment 1050386

It's funny how after I liked and replied on your thread, I too have now found one. Maybe you passed on some kind of luck for me to uncover a rather unusal and special clad target. Cheers! :occasion14:
 
Did you post a picture I would like to see it. Congrats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom