What's new

First Silver From Large Dollar Roll!

Philmont_709n2

Full Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I bought the last 6 rolls of large dollars from the teller that gave me 2 rolls the other day. Glad I did! When I first went through them it caught my eye and i looked at it but was like ughh just dirty. I didnt even notice it was silver, the mint mark is so small! Pulled a 1971 S REAL silver dollar from a roll! Makes me Happy! Even if it is only 40%.
Also scored a 90% and 4 40% silver halves today. Woot

silverike.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I like silver Ikes as well. So much so that I'm always tempted to buy a roll of them. Only found one in the wild.
Congratulations on a good find ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Really cool! I think the '70 half seems less elusive than the silver Ike. ffd
 
I metal detected two 1976 Ikes in FL - 50 miles apart - variety 1 & 2 - both black as night
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom