What's new

First silver quarter... Sort of.

Bizzo

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it's an SLQ! Looks like someone shot it though, I was happy and disappointed at the same time when I found this haha. Who would shoot a quarter back in the day? Oh well still my first and it's older than a Washington! I also found a handful of wheaties and some trash as usual.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453589526.636859.webp
 
Upvote 34
I was happy and disappointed at the same time when I found this haha

no reason for disappointment IMO. Relic hunters do also like coins that tie in with the early site they are working. If a person finds a single coin in a common area, it lacks interesting history, as it's just a lost coin, now recovered.


your coin apparently has some interesting history :)
 
Still a very nice find! :occasion14:

Keep working the area, perhaps more old coins await the sweep of your coil.
 
At least it wasn't shot through the date, which by the way, unlike most SLQ's, is still readable. Congrats!
 
No doubt about it, you DID find a silver quarter. Congrats!

Oh, and BOOM, headshot!
 
Very sad to see such a clear date and then see damage like that. Congrats on your find. I hope you find one in mint state.
 
Congrats. A quarter is still a great find. It just has a little more unusual history than most.
 
Congrats on your first Quarter. You cant do anything about the hole, but you can wrap it in a thin towel & put it into a vice & crank it down slowly. That will at least straighten it out for you. I have done this with many coins & tokens, because then I put them into a 2x2 holder to go into my binder. This will not devalue the coin, since the hole took care of that for you.
 
I'm with OWK, Annie Oakley. Actually that was part of her act. Cool find.
 
It will be one of your most unique finds ever! Just imagine, almost 100 years ago (because there is a few years wear on her) someone was demonstrating what a great marksman they were. Probably never found the coin after shooting it.
 
I found it right behind an old store, so I like to think someone made a bet and stepped out back to settle it.
 
Congrats on the great find- SLQ's with a date are not a common find! One of the traits that make SLQ's very valuable is a "full head"- I guess yours would qualify as a "no head"! Still awesome and I hope it's your first of many!

-- Jeff --
 
I think I like this one more then just the regular one. Anyone can find a SLQ...the odds for finding her like this are a lot higher. Congratulations on the cool find.
 
Sorry to see it was assassinated, but it's still a silver that remains on my bucket list (sad to say). Your's just happens to have a story behind it.

Congrats on pulling that SLQ. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom