Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lurk here a lot but don't post because I just don't usually have anything to say.

Meanwhile, I go out and quietly swing my detector. I've got enough clad that I bought a tumbler, I've dug lots of interesting trash, and I've found 5 wheat pennies. I know the adage, "If there's wheat, there's silver" but I just wasn't finding any.

That all changed today. I would have settled for a Rosie or a Washington but, today I dug a 7" target and pulled out a shiny, gleaming, 1918 Mercury Dime!!!!!! It was just like on Utube! I didn't yell or flop around like those guys on TV, I looked around suspiciously to see if someone was playing a trick on me. Now that the ice is broken, let the silver flow......

IMG_0040.jpg

Upvote 21
Congrats and welcome to T-net!

Very nice looking mercury.......congratulations!!! Hope you find some more.....

You can stop lurking now. You've officially joined!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome and congratulations on your first silver. That is a good looking mercury, may there be many more!

Nice silver! Find more...say more! ;)

good job finding first silver! gz! :thumbsup:

Way to go cappy!

Congrats on your first silver! Hope you find many more!

Beautiful Merc! :notworthy: :icon_thumright: :cat: I've been detecting beaches, parks, old trashed lots with foundations, & abandoned road cuts for over 3 years -- and although I've dug much groovy old stuff & small amount of lovely gold & silver jewelry, my silver coin total is only: two coins, lol. :tongue3: :dontknow: First was a surface eyeballed 1924 silver Peace Dollar near an old foundation, then nothing silver for many months. The day I finally dug my first & only Merc in a tiny iron-infested park, I squealed loud enough that my son trotted over from where he'd been detecting about a block away. Don't mind if I never dig more silver coins, as I got my Merc & my lovely peace lady. HAVE FUN! :occasion16: Andi

Nice coin! Hope you find many more silver's. That's an early one.

Last edited:
Nice way to break the silver drought Cappy. Once you get the first one out of the way you'll be surprised how quickly others will follow. HH

Welcome Capt Nat! That little Merc is a beauty! Congrats on your first silver!
It has friends, hope you find them all!

fantastic find, good luck going forward!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back