What's new

First SLQ...and it was part of a coin spill

frogginfish

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
493
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a coin spill, I'd hafta say it was a pretty darn nice one! I dug 8-10 inches down looking for whatever was giving my ATPro the fits! Out pops a 1918-D Walker. The pinpointer is still going off in the hole. I pull out a 1916 buffalo nickel this time. As I start to cover the hole after silence from the pinpointer, I notice a silver quarter laying on top of the dirt. I can just make out part of the flying eagle and my stokeness increases ten-fold! I pluck the sweet roundness from the earth and gently wipe enough dirt away to ID it...it was my first SLQ! The only part of the date readable is the 0 at the end.
Still super nice to me!
Also found nearby was an old metal case of some sort and part of a token.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
 

Attachments

  • 1447214904495.webp
    1447214904495.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 1447214932689.webp
    1447214932689.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 1447214944603.webp
    1447214944603.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 1447214955669.webp
    1447214955669.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 1447214967929.webp
    1447214967929.webp
    36 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 58
Congrats on the great finds!! SLQ's are, IMHO, the nicest coin ever made, so I always look forward to seeing them posted. I'd say yours is a 1920 by the pic.

-- Jeff --
 
Congrats on the great hunt and pulling that once in a lifetime spill.:occasion14: Still looking for mine. Both the standing and walker have eluded my coil.
 
MAN SWEET FINDS . WHAT IS THE CASE FOR CIGS OR SNUFF BOX?
 
Awesome finds! Still waiting for my first walker and SLQ.
 
Thats commen with SLQ's i have many that are dateless, but is still an awesome find, the walker is a very nice one, congrats on the spill....:icon_thumright:
 
Nice recovery and hunt! Love the metal case! Congrats on your first SLQ!
 
Congratz on an awesome spill of 3 coins that I haven't found! The Walker is my favorite coin design and the Standing Liberty is my second favorite. You found both in the same hole! Awesome! Hopefully that SLQ is the first of many to come! HH
 
three of my favorites !!wow what a plug.congrats
 
Congrats on some quality coins there. SLQ is one of my favorite US coin designs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom