What's new

First Spanish Silver

tony2163

Greenie
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
17
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a site that my detecting buddy Romeo-1 secured, after he found a a 1675 French silver 4 Sol. So when I went to the site I had visions of silver in my head, after 3 hours of mostly nothing, a few buttons and a large cent and a lot of rain, about 20 feet from where I parked I got a nice tone, up comes a 1784 Spanish 1/2 reale. Shortly after that Romeo-1 drives by and stops to see how I'm doing, he can smell silver. After he leaves, about five minutes, another silver tone, heart was racing, it turned out to be a 1920 Canadian silver 5 cent piece, not Spanish or French, but nice none the less. All in all a good hunt and I can now cross Spanish silver off my list.

1784 Spanish half reale back.webp1784 Spanish half reale front.webp1920 5 cents back.webp1920 5 cents front.webp

Cheers

Tony
 
Upvote 34
Nice finds congrats..
 
Awesome silver :occasion14:
 
Nice score on the half real. It must have been a thrill to find. I wonder what tool (or small nail) was used to create such a small hole.
 
Great condition on the Canadian.
Now, had it been a 1921 versus the 1920, its value would have been closer to $20,000.
Keep hunting that area !!
Don......
 
Great condition on the Canadian.
Now, had it been a 1921 versus the 1920, its value would have been closer to $20,000.
Keep hunting that area !!
Don......

I noticed that also, in the words of the immortal philosopher Maxwell Smart, "I missed it by that much." ;-)

Cheers

Tony
 
Nice score on the half real. It must have been a thrill to find. I wonder what tool (or small nail) was used to create such a small hole.

It did feel good, wasn't sure what I had first, it's my first Spanish silver, it's when my detecting buddy Romeo-1 showed up and told me what I had. Maybe a hot needle, not sure but I know it wasn't a laser ;-)

Cheers

Tony
 
Nice finds and congrats on your first Spanish silver! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on that Spanish silver
 
Nice job on your first Spanish silver.
 
Wow! That's a great find. Welcome to the Spanish Silver club!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom