What's new

First Standing Liberty Quarter

Iskuli

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
792
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Well, Well, Well....finally, a reason to post. It has been a very busy summer. Lot's of rain in Texas and not a lot of hunting. I do have a few rings to post later from parks in the area.

I am most excited about my first liberty quarter. It is well worn and I cannot see the date. Bummer! I don't think its the expensive 1917 one that had to be reminted due to the breast exposure issue because the back on the coin is in better condition and there are 3 stars below the eagle.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Yippee!
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the SLQ! I've yet to find one and have set that as my new goal. Now I'm off to look up what the SLQ looked before it's 1917 reminting. I guess we weren't quite done with Victorian prudery until after the war.
 
It is a good feeling to see one of those come out the dirt...Nice find and maybe not worth much to others but you will remember digging that one..HH
 
That's a sweet coin to find and most are dateless unfortunately, but it is still a great treasure and a beautiful coin. Congrats on your first, hope there are more in your near future. Good luck.

Smiles!
BDoo
 
It was very exciting! It's been a while since I have found old silver. It came out clean as a whistle. Since there is not a date, can I assume it is at least 1924 or earlier? They recessed the date in 1925.......I will post pics today.
 
congrats

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom