What's new

First Target...Rev War Button!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to one of my favorite sites for a full day of detecting. I got a lot of the usual stuff from this site but the first target of the day was the winner for me. Rev War Era Royal Navy button. This is actually the second one of this type that I found here and appears to be in better condition. There is a lot gold gilt remaining so it should clean up nicely.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20161027_1417582.webp
    IMG_20161027_1417582.webp
    802.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20161027_1333520.webp
    IMG_20161027_1333520.webp
    269.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20161027_0852256.webp
    IMG_20161027_0852256.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 58
Cleaned up much better than I had hoped!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20161027_1702105.webp
    IMG_20161027_1702105.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20161027_1702162.webp
    IMG_20161027_1702162.webp
    158.4 KB · Views: 133
Outstanding recovery and restoration!!
 
Fantastic find! Stellar condition. Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
That's a sweet button... excellent condition. Congrats on the find!
 
Beautiful Royal Navy and a Sweet looking Tombac as well :thumbsup:
 
That button is perfect!
 
Button really cleans up great. Outstanding bunch of finds. Congratulations!!
 
Holy smokes, that button is killer! Nice job cleaning it up so beautifully.
 
Wow, what a stunning button. I really want a rev button and am super jealous!

Congrats Romeo!!
 
Damn you Romeo!!!! You guys and your Rev War buttons....I pray to find one every time I go out and NEVER have. That's a beauty man. Absolute beauty
 
That's a beauty Romeo and you did a perfect job cleaning it
 
That Rev War button is in FANTASTIC condition-excellent find and great job cleaning it!
 
My gosh man... That button looked incredible dirty, but your cleaned pictures are fantastic! That's one killer button. Awesome job Romeo.
 
Oh my; this is GREAT! Congrats!

aj
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom