jerseyben
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2010
- Messages
- 5,216
- Reaction score
- 2,180
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NJ Pine Barrens
- Detector(s) used
- T2 SE
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Stopped by the closest bank to my house when they opened their doors at 9am. Had nothing for me but customer wrapped rolls of nickles/quarters so I told them I would be back for them if I couldnt find halves anywhere else.
Stopped at no less than seven more banks before turning back empty handed to the original bank by my house. They tell me, someone just came in with $12 in halves. So, I buy $100 in rolls of nickles and quarters plus the loose halves. I get home, take one glance and see four silver rims jump right out at me! All four are 40%ers... Also sold an old toolbox (CL) for $25 and cashed in 27 clad Susan B Anthonys so not a totally wasted morning after all.
Stopped at no less than seven more banks before turning back empty handed to the original bank by my house. They tell me, someone just came in with $12 in halves. So, I buy $100 in rolls of nickles and quarters plus the loose halves. I get home, take one glance and see four silver rims jump right out at me! All four are 40%ers... Also sold an old toolbox (CL) for $25 and cashed in 27 clad Susan B Anthonys so not a totally wasted morning after all.
Upvote
0
and once a teller saved me a silver dime, so 100% of that days search was solid silver 







