First time detecting all week

Stormin Norman

Jun 2, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Yeah, I live in New Hampshire and we have just been having thunder storm after thunderstorm for the past week. But today finally got some decent weather, grabbed a friend, and we headed off for some trails in a campground. I appologize for not having any pictures but we found several 50 cal shells, a few quarters, several 50 cal bullets near a stump, and a 1921 merc. (it's only my 2nd merc ever found)

we only stayed for about a half hour because the mosquitos were murderous. So i'll probably head back another time.

One thing that did annoy me was I was waving the detector around and if i hadn't looked down i wouldnt of seen it. Under the coil was a nickel, just sitting on the ground. detector didn't pick it up at all.

Upvote 0
congrats on the merc! i will never get tired of finding them or hearing about people finding them. congrats!

Congrats on the merc Stormin... The mosquitoes are out in force here in Oklahoma also...

Welcome to TNET, there are some outstanding individuals here who can assist with your detector woes... What type of detector are you using?

HH Robert

I'm using a Whites Classic I. It's ancient technology. Bought it back in like 1999. Still works though.

I haven't ever used a Whites, so I'll stand back and let those who have enlighten you on the setup...

HH Robert

A week? ??? Your lucky,it's been about a month for me.I can't stand it anymore.I have to get out somewhere this weekend if it kills me! :) I love Merc dimes.My most memorable one was found on the beach several months back, after a construction project moved a bunch of sand around.My oldest beach find to date.BTW-Welcome to the forum.I hope yu stick around.

1921? That's a key date! (Besides the 1916-D of course.) Very nice. Good luck when you go back.

Good job on the merc stormin... We also have skeeters here in TEXAS some so big they can stand flat footed and stare you in the eye.....
Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back