First Time out in 20 years was a re-learning experience..but MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Finally after 20 years away from my new life I "got out" with my new Garrett GTI 2500. I had an assignment from my father who turned 89 today. "Terry, could you find the corner stobs on my property. He has 4 acres on the edge of the "Green Swamp" in Kathleen.

So after my watching videos learning how to avoid Iron, I did the crash course on discriminating for iron only. It only took about 20 minutes to find the front two 1/2" stobs. I was off about 2 inches on my targeting, but found them easily with my Garrett Pin Pointer Pro . The rear corner stobs were still under water from Hurricane Irma and I will return when it is dried up or I find a john boat.

So it was good to know that I have made the curve from myD sitting on the floor staring up at me to it pinging in my ears, with 85 degrees and strong sun on my back. I drove home checking out a couple of historic looking sites to try and target this week in Zephyrhills. Found a really great looking dirt pile on a house being built that could be interesting!

What else I learned..I wasn't prepared. I had only planned on showing dad not doing anything. So I learned be ready to work you never know when you will have the opportunity. Always have my detectors hat, tools, water, bucket, gloves, cooler/chair in my rig. AND REMEMBER TO PHOTGRAPH!!!Score two IRON!

Upvote 9

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard from Northern Virginia

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! Always nice to make Dad a happy camper.:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread