OP
OP
C

CSOhio

Apr 13, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
thanks for the info, this is actually my second time to give this hobby a try i bought a used metal detector a few years ago a fisher 1212 x or something like that. I found some coins, alot of junk and dug up my parents gas line. After that i gave up on the hobby i wasnt really having fun. now im older and have more patience what a difference two years make lol.

so i will keep trying. its been raining here all day otherwise id have the detector out now, im seeing it can find little things to big things so im sure ill stumble on some good stuff sooner then later

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CS, Keep at it. I'm new to, and 95% of what I find is trash, but the other 5% is what I do it for. I'm going to the elementary schools and city parks with playgrounds for practice, and to keep the kiddies safe (pull a lot of dangerous items out of the sand/woodchips). My ACE250 is enroute right now (ordered this weekend). Looking forward to test driving it. The guys/gals/youngsters on this forum give freely of their knowledge of this hobby, so ask and read.

HH and the treasures will come ;)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
WOW I sure remember the first time I ATTEMPTED Md'ing! My pile looked about like yours. Within about two weeks of reading a learning things from the people here I found a nice 14th level Scottish rite ring....GOLD. Want to know where?

In my own back yard!

Keep swinging and the goodies WILL come!

Happy hunting

~Nash~

OP
OP
C

CSOhio

Apr 13, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
thanks nash for the encouragement, you need to reply to this post or another one fast your post count is scary lol 6-6 i cant say it but you know what it means

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have rather had dug all that stuff you call junk than to have been at work.

Part of my joy is just getting out in the fresh air and spending time with nature. The good stuff is just a bonus.

Hang in there man. Persistence will pay. Go out as much as you can, it'll come.

Recruiter

Oct 13, 2006
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Recruiter said:
I also notice here lately ( only three months with the ace). A good single target will make one or two beeps only instead of the chatter as I call it.

It has been brought to my attention that chatter may be a good signal with the ACE250, indicating something on the surface or very close to it. Always learning something new here. Thanks Nash.

D

dugupfinds

Welcome from the UK.

If it ain't hard work it ain't worth it. It will be rewarding if you put the hours in.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Not sure what your yard looks like or the age of your house. The first places i check in a yard are the edges of any sidewalks or patios, the driveway edges in the front yard and around any big trees or places were you think people have sat. I am confident that you will find some coins or maybe other cool stuff there. The first time I took my bounty hunter out for a spin in the yard . I found the neighborhoods tv cable and cut it in my excitement to dig the cray copper signal The neighbors were uhhh let's say less than pleased >:( . Anyway the yard also yielded about 1 1/2 pounds of nails , junks and what's its. They good side was it gave up an old skeleton key @ $4.00 in clad and a 1920 wheat penny. I"ts like anything else amigo just practice. What part of Ohio are you in ? Maybe i can point you to some places to go. i am in central Ohio @ Col.

Acevillav 8)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
CSOhio said:
thanks nash for the encouragement, you need to reply to this post or another one fast your post count is scary lol 6-6 i cant say it but you know what it means

:o
I feel better already.......I reckon we all get there sooner or later. To that number I mean. LOL
THANKS!

~Nash~

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
p-p thats the way---practice & plenty of it---takes time ---now don't get P-O ed at it in the mean while. Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread